Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Frequently Asked Questions » Paint (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Paint
AllardK3 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: Az
Car #: 13
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AllardK3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would also recommend Maaco.
I opted for the "Supreme" with single stage "polyurethane with sealer" looks great didn't take much time and less than $500.

--------------------
Mike Donick

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

two part urethane for the car, and three part epoxy for the cage here.

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What's "three part" epoxy?

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where does the GCR say you can use anything but the factory original type of paint? [Razz]

Cole

Region: Philly
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cole     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there some sort of gallery where people show off their cars, paint, etc.? That would be cool.

From what I hear there's a little contact in this game, so I'm not sure I'll invest much in paint.

--------------------
Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://smugshots.specmiata.com/main.php

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Cole

Region: Philly
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cole     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks, Casey.

--------------------
Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

JunpoweR

Icon 1 posted  Profile for JunpoweR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have been doing restorations and painting for a little while now and love using PPG Deltron Products. I have used all types of materials from single stage to 4 stage paint jobs. There are alot of great products out there but it's all prefrence. A skilled painter can make cheap materials look good on a car.
Watch out for macco, you will want to prep and mask most of your car yourself when bringing it to them. $500 for a single stage job you cannot beat but the prep is shabby and the paint won't stick well.They rush your car and put about 3 hours or less into your car so don't expect a perfect job.
I use mostly 2 part base/clear paints,
Acrylic urethane. Since you guys are mostly painting race cars I know beautiful paint jobs are not likely but I know some of you out there like your paint to look really nice. True, single stage is easy to apply and touch up but won't last as long as acrylic urethanes or look as nice esp on metallic colors.
Most people like spending less than $500 on their race car paint jobs but if your looking for something nice don't rely on Single stage, it sucks to work with esp when doing multi colored paint jobs.

--------------------
Looking for my Miata.

fleming Made Donation to Website

Region: northeast
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fleming     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Has anyone one used Trinity 1945 paint, I just got the paint kit in and I've done the priming and
fixed all the rust areas..

The paint that I got is acrylic enamel, will I need a clear coat with it? [Roll Eyes]

[ 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: fleming ]

--------------------
"where one ends, one shall begin".

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: