Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Frequently Asked Questions » body panels

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: body panels
Messenger Racing Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: West Texas
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Messenger Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What is everyone's best recommendation for body panel sources? I hear of aftermarket $100 fenders, etc but am unclear from the rule book on legality.

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've seen the aftermarket fenders listed anywhere from $100 to $200 already painted. Usually the $100 fenders have an additional $75 in shipping or other hidden cost. I've also seen them locally for $125-145.

For the money, you can't beat the Mazdaspeed deal. The fenders are right around $125 & I just received one with some other parts Fedex 2nd day for about $25 shipping. (I guess the larger sheet metal is like the Mazdacomp exhaust where 2nd day is the standard shipping, but it was WAY cheaper than I expected) [Smile] So essentially for the same price, I'll stick with the OE pieces. [thumbsup]

Eric

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For the record, along the fender shipping discussion, when I ordered the belly pan (plus a few other items) from Mazdaspeed Tim told me that their shipping rates are exclusively by weight - the size of the box makes no difference.

The box was darn near as big as the hardtop I had sitting next to it.

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Messenger Racing Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: West Texas
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Messenger Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys, Sounds like the Mazdaspeed parts are the way to go since I am in a rural area and freight gets to be a big item.

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Region: Finger Lakes
Car #: 85
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

to bring this one back from the dead....

Do the MazdaComp body panels come painted? I think I gotta finally give up the fight to retain all the original bodywork [Frown]

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The front fenders from Mazda have a thin coat of black paint on them. The front bumpers are grey primer and the last rear bumper I got was un coated plastic.

MZ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: