Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Frequently Asked Questions » Mazda Motorsports Partsd List Question

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Mazda Motorsports Partsd List Question
davecarama Verified Driver

Region: NE
Year : Blue 1997 & Red 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davecarama   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/pdfs/fmp/fmp_mx5_95.pdf

What does "carrot"AN"carrot" "carrot"A"carrot" "carrot"C"carrot" mean in the link above?

For example:
Oil Filter B6Y114302
"carrot"AN"carrot" B6Y2-14-302

Which one do I buy? Are they the same thing?

I thought the p/n for the oil filter was B6Y1-14-302-9A, but that did not enter into the system.

Well, I'll call Mazda Motorsports and ask them tomorrow AM (if I can remember to).

in the mean time, thanks!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for davecarama   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Stoopid UBB Code won't let me use the damn actual carrot (the thing above the comma and the period).

amolaver Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA MA
Car #: 50
Year : '96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for amolaver   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

no idea what the symbols are you're referring to, but if you want an oil filter, go down to autozone or advance and pick up a purolator pl14610. slightly longer than stock, MUCH better filter media performance, and just flat out MORE media. also a quality anti-drainback valve.

i like them better when they were blue, but now they are gold-ish and have an abrasive material on the outside of the filter to more easily grip 'em. i'm very nervous about that grit getting in the filter, so i've been giving new ones a quick spray of air to blow anything loose out.

you want the pure one - only those are gold (vs blue box). the older blue can variants came in a silver box.

--------------------
ahm - http://www.awesom-oracing.com
2009 NASA MA SM Champion

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone know what the size for the hardtop hardware is?
Thanks

I asked MazdaMotorsports and here is what they told me:

The letters on the outside just pretty much mean there are parts that superseed the ones listed.

If you put any of the numbers in, the correct, most up to date part with the most up to date part number will be sent out.

Those guys are great!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: