Spec Miata Community
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » CLUTCH RULE!!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CLUTCH RULE!!
Jim Daniels

Icon 27 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gang,

Many letters in to the CRB office today asking to take your BSI, Alara, Race Engineering and SafeRace.com clutches away.

Whatís next, exhausts, loggers and 1.6 intakes???

DO NOT WORRY!! Itís just letters at this point. BUT, do not sit around, be active and send in your own letter asking for the clutch rule to stay like it is!!!

(my example is below)

Thanks!!!

quote:
Dear CRB,

It has been brought to my attention that some SCCA members are requesting to change the clutch rule for SM. I must protest in the strongest way!!

No different than the numerous variations for the 1.6 air intakes, exhaust systems and data loggers SM has a rule in place for the clutch with equally as many variations. All of them built to a rule set that has been in place for sometime and meet the intent of our class.

Hundreds of clutches have been built and/or sold by BSI Racing, Alara Racing, Race Engineering and now SafeRacer.com. Also, many home built examples of the SM clutch rule are present too. Changing the rule at this late date negates the cost these companies and individuals incurred. And, will be very costly to the scores of SM owners who have non-OEM clutch kits installed in their cars.

Last by not least, changing this rule now will no doubt upset the near perfect balance of performance we are enjoying between the 1.6, 1.8 and í99 while proving nearly impossible to police on a divisional level.

Disallowing a perfectly legal clutch kit makes as much sense as requiring SMs to utilize hard tops or forcing a spec exhaust.

I respectively request that the clutch, exhaust, 1.6 air intake and data logger SM rules remain unchanged!!

For the class,

Jim Daniels
SCCA # 170867

Jim Daniels

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

bump [Big Grin]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: