Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » Forum downtime

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Forum downtime
J. Kane

Icon 1 posted  Profile for J. Kane     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Attention race fans! Tonight we will be taking the forums offline to migrate to a newer, faster forum application (phpbb for you geeks out there). This should give us a faster forum that's also easier to manage and maintain. The current application (UBB.classic) is about 5 years old and is starting to show its age. I believe we have replicated all of the features and doodads from UBB, but there's always a chance I missed something. If you have trouble getting into the new forum, you can use the handy dandy specmiata.com "Send Feed Back" link to let me know. Why not spend your evening with someone special who doesn't obsess over valve shims and camber angles?

Let's say the festivities will begin around 9PM Central time. That sounds good.

--------------------
Jim Kane
2001 Suzuki DR650
1990 Yamaha FJ1200

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good news -- the forum has seemed really sluggish lately. Would you be open to some minor enhancements after the change, or do you plan to just leave it "stock"?

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

J. Kane

Icon 1 posted  Profile for J. Kane     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It depends on your definition of "minor." PM me what you're interested and I'll look into it.

--------------------
Jim Kane
2001 Suzuki DR650
1990 Yamaha FJ1200

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jim. I'm assuming the software will operate differently anyway, so I'll wait 'til the dust settles.

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim,

Will all the existing posts be migrated over to the new system? Searching that history is very helpful.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

J. Kane

Any new system we move to will definitely preserve posts as well as private messages.

--------------------
Jim Kane
2001 Suzuki DR650
1990 Yamaha FJ1200

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: