Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » Where'd everybody go?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Where'd everybody go?
J. Kane

Icon 1 posted  Profile for J. Kane     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, the new board is now live at http://www.specmiata.com/forum/ so if you're here you will probably be lonely.

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did someone hijack this place? What gives?

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had no idea the board upgrade would include a new URL, and since people are still posting on the old board I'm probably not the only one.

Does the new board not have a "Today's Active Topics" function? I went over there, logged in, and didn't see anything like that. That was a key feature that I think a lot of folks will miss if it's truly not there in the new version.

Some of the forums on the new board seem to be a bit honked, too, but maybe that's just because the archived messages import (or whatever) isn't finished yet? Is it?

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

J. Kane

Icon 1 posted  Profile for J. Kane     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After looking over the new board and finding that several of the expected features didn't work correctly, it looks like we're going to revert back to this board and try again later (with much much more testing). My apologies to everyone who saw the new board this morning -- it was certainly less than you deserve, and I take full responsibility for that.

Jim

--------------------
Jim Kane
2001 Suzuki DR650
1990 Yamaha FJ1200

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jim. I volunteer to do any beta testing you'd like next time around! [Smile]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried a similar experiment a few years ago Jim. It went over just about the same way [Smile]

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, thanks for the "experience". I got to post in the new blue board, but it is not visible in the "old" yellow one.

I was completely unaware that there was a transition coming.

It was confusing as I saw the yellow board, then the blue board, then the yellow board, then the blue again, etc etc.

Yellow for now.

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Nomiata Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nomiata     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought there might have been some overnight cross-breeding with "44Cup" or "Bimmerforums". Frightening, indeed!

Marty Okun

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We don't cross-breed here... now cress dressing, well thats another story.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: