Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » MEATHEAD Racing to support Dean Copeland for Mazda Ladder Program and Teen Challenge

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MEATHEAD Racing to support Dean Copeland for Mazda Ladder Program and Teen Challenge
Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For immediate release July 2, 2008.

MEATHEAD Racing to support Dean Copeland in his quest for the Teen Mazda Challenge championship and a chance at a MX-5 Pro ride. Dean is well on his way with his recent wins at the NASA Mid Atlantic Hyperfest.

The Teen Mazda Challenge is the ultimate opportunity for young drivers trying to get into pro racing. The support of the Mazda Ladder System is second to none. Mazda provides the path for growth and development. Dean hopes to follow in the footsteps of Andrew Caddell, Jason Saini, and Brad Rampelberg.

MEATHEAD Racing is a race team specializing the development and support of Spec Miata's in the Mid-Atlantic area. For more information visit http://www.meatheadracing.com

[ 12-06-2008, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Mike C ]

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

CopelandSM7

Region: wdcr
Car #: 7
SMIM: dacno2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CopelandSM7   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want to thank MEATHEAD Racing for agreeing to support me in the Teen Mazda Challenge, and hopefully beyond! I also want to give a Big Thanks to MAZDA for the opportunity to have a chance to compete in the shootout.I also want to thank AIM Tires for all your hard work involved to make possible the Teen Mazda Challenge,and also TOYO Tires for your support and contingencies offered in this program.Its off to Mid Ohio next weekend for round two in the Challenge,look forward to seeing you all there.

--------------------
Dean Copeland

Scott Zetterstrom Verified Driver

Region: WDCR
Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Zetterstrom     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good Luck Dean

--------------------
#13 SSM
ME Solutions LLC
Windsor Customs Racing
PBC Automotive

Brian Billey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC(42)
Car #: 43
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Billey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Best of luck to you!

--------------------
Brian Billey
43 SM/SSM WDCR MARRS
1st SSM VIR 13hr 2008
1st SSM 12hr Summit Point 2009

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck Dean, hope to meet you at the Mazda Shootout! [Wink]

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 15
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good Luck at Mid Ohio this weekend!

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Chris T Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Instigator

Car #: 44 SM& 44 SSM
Year : '96 & '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris T     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drive it like you stole it! Wait. You already do! Show 'em your mad skillz.

--------------------
Chris Tamburo
'96 SM #44
'90 SSM #44
Check it out http://www.meatheadracing.com
SM,SSM cars for sale,rent,rent-to-own

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is Dean really 19??? I'd like to see an ID on that one. He drives and looks much older :-)

Good luck Dean!

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The time has come. Dean has done everything he can do to prepare for this, now he must let the professional ranks at Mazda know that he is more than just a hot shoe (although that may be the reason he is there). Dean is ready to win races, promote Mazda, and represent series sponsors products and services. As the winner of the NASA Teen Mazda Challenge (East) he is certainly going to be one of the youngest competitors at the test, we expect that to be one of his greatest assets. How better to showcase the talents of a young driver than in the best "spec" series hosted by the manufacturer with more cars raced on any given weekend than any other. Dean has taken the time to go out and meet people already racing for Mazda, find out what it takes, and be able to present himself as the best possible candidate for this extraordinary opportunity from Mazda and Mazdaspeed.

MEATHEAD Racing along with many other companies supporting Dean in this effort wish him the best of luck.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member

Rob Morris

Region: 42 MARRS
Car #: 66
SMIM: SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Morris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Best of Luck at the Shootout this week Dean! I know you have what it takes to win this thing. Do your best, and everything will fall into place. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Rob

--------------------
Rob Morris

Louis Interdonato

Region: wdc
Car #: 90
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Louis Interdonato     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck Dean.....you have been racing against some of the best SM drivers in the East so this should be easy for you....

--------------------
WDCR SM # 90 http://www.rpperformanceracing.com/

Trussell17t

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Trussell17t     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck....hope to see another local make it big

--------------------
http://www.travistrussell.com

http://www.WrtSpeedWerx.com

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck Dean! [Smile]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Brian Billey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC(42)
Car #: 43
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Billey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Best of luck!!

--------------------
Brian Billey
43 SM/SSM WDCR MARRS
1st SSM VIR 13hr 2008
1st SSM 12hr Summit Point 2009

Gregg Downer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 22
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gregg Downer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck Dean!!!

--------------------
Gregg Downer
 -
VISIT OUR NEW WEB SITE
MeatheadRacing.com

MegaModerator

I heard from the folks out west. No decision yet. Hopefully we will know something this week. I heard it was a great learning experience and that Dean was REAL quick and consistent in the car.

Good Luck,

MEAT

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dean - Great to meet you and your dad. You did a hell of a job out there and should be proud of your effort. Tyler and I wish you success in 2009 and in the years to come. Hope to see you guys again soon...Maybe at the NASA Nationals next year. Keep in touch.

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

Brian Cates

Region: Washington, DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Cates   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great effort Dean. I hear you were super fast. Let's hope you made your case to the big brass at Mazda. I think everybody in the Washington DC area who has run against you knows what a true competitor you are. You were always the guy to beat, NASA or SCCA all year.

1:26's in a borrowed 1.6 at Summit Point! Pretty impressive, even more so then your always strong performances in your 1.8.

If Mazda is looking for a driver to win races, you should be at the top of their list. You and your dad have worked hard for many years to get an opportunity like this. Plus the old man probably needs a break!

Devin and I had a great time hanging out with you and your dad all season. You certainly helped Devin step it up a notch. It was great watching you guys battle it out on the track at the end of the season and still hang out together off the track.

Thanks to Mazda, NASA and Ron from Aim Tires for putting their support behind these future stars with the Teen Mazda Challenge. I think these teens showed they could run up front with anybody.

Dean, really hope to see you make it at the next level. At least the rest of us might have a chance to win some races if you are hanging out with the Playboy Bunnies [Big Grin] [yep]

Louis Interdonato

Region: wdc
Car #: 90
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Louis Interdonato     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Cates:

Dean, really hope to see you make it at the next level. At least the rest of us might have a chance to win some races if you are hanging out with the Playboy Bunnies [Big Grin] [yep]

Dean, You need to bring Vinny with you to show you what to do and how to treat the bunnies...you dad is too old...... [Big Grin]
Good Luck!

--------------------
WDCR SM # 90 http://www.rpperformanceracing.com/

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: