Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » TRAQMATE

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: TRAQMATE
J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Long time SM.com supporters and all around good people, the Traqmate team, have agreed to moderate and service a "Data" only forum.

Please welcome Glenn Stephens as our newest forum leader and Data expert.

Glenn, thanks for your support and for accepting the lead of this new forum idea!

(you may not realize what you volunteered for....)

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there any grand opening of the Data Forum giveaways / deep dicounts? I want one, not that I can use it but it would look cool in my car just like all the other kids! [thumbsup] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a Traqmate w/chase cam for about 4 months now. Out of the 9 visits to the track with around 20 sessions it has worked ONE time. I have had many many problems getting it to work. A few other guys have them and between them and i we can just get them to operate. One racer gave up and switched to an AIM. Is the Traqmate going to get any more user friendly?

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've had mine for 2 years and the only problem I had is when I didn't clear out a bunch of old sessions and ran out of memory.

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Al -

I have had TraqMate and Chasecam setups in 3 cars. Except for an issue related to a bad ground (I think), I have not had any issues.

When running both components, there's a lot going on that can make troubleshooting a little complicated. Can you be a little more specific about what doesn't work?

Have you run TraqMate separate from the ChaseCam to troubleshoot that part? Does the unit find a GPS signal ("Looking for Start") and start collecting data after you cross start/finish?

Steve D.

PS - When diagnosing my suspected ground problem, I mounted the chasecam boxes in a padded box bolted to the floor of the trunk. That combination eliminated the mid-race power off condition I was battling.

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mine wont find the track after it has been programed to. It will work if you reset the track each time. As for the camera it has a hard time linking with the Traqmate. It will not turn on automaticly when the Traqmate is on. Sometimes it will but nat always. Im going to Laguna this weekend so im crossing my fingers.

BTW my friends dont have the camera so they dont need the latest updates, we can not share information.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The only problem I have had was wiring it to a bad ground. It worked right out of the box after we solved the ground issue which strangely did not show up when I metered the connections. I do not have it hooked to my video system. I would suggest that you call Ron or Glenn and they will walk you through the system and send you anything you need to get your system working. This is has got to be the most user friendly system to operate.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Al you might want to post your issues in the Data Acquisition section which is moderated by Traqmate.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm gonna have to close this thread, any issues relating to Traqmate and getting it working can be posted under Glenn's forum. Al, feel free to post your issue there.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: