» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » DPTune.com PR

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: DPTune.com PR
JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
PRESS RELEASE
DPTune.com LLC
Phone: 678.488.1011
Email: dyno@dptune.com 

DPTune.com Cleans up the MX5 Cup series and tunes the Ford FR500S for World-Challenge competition

Memphis, TN. - The “Dynamic Duo” of Joe McClugan and Jim Daniels of DPTune.com have been very busy in recent weeks. First, cleaning up the MX5 Cup field by providing locked ECUs at the Autobahn round of the series. Second, decoding the Ford FR500S ECUs to enhance the programming for the addition of allowed parts in the World-Challenge GTS class.

In an effort to ensure all competitors competed on a level playing field the MX5 Cup series administrators took a progressive approach via ECU containment. The series hired the expert team at DPTune.com to crack, flash and lock a number of units owned and distributed by the series itself. The units produced a modest gain in power but more importantly permanently locked the programming through proprietary encryption.

“We don't know if any team was using an unauthorized flash but we did know it could be done less detection. When asked to help back in November of last year I was enthused that the series would police this area in this manor. With our programming and encryption the series is as tight as it can be on tuning.” Said former series Champion and DPTune.com sales director, Jim Daniels.

The Duo has also been working with the staff at the Mustang Challenge series. Unfortunately that series was canceled and the ECU containment program with it. However, the work completed directly transferred to the new home for the FR500C vehicles, NASA American Iron and SCCA World-Challenge GTS.

“It was double sad to hear about the Mustang Challenge series going away, first because of the friends I have racing in the series and second considering all the time I just lost on our containment program. Then Daniels (Jim) called and said “hey, lets shift gears and just flash these units for the bolt on parts the other series will allow”. I said “ok” and again the program was alive. I really enjoy decoding the boxes and altering them for the gains the bolt on parts can provide when properly tuned. I really look forward to working with the various teams as it pertains to what ever the rules will be regarding ECU tuning.” Said DPTune.com's founder Joe McClughan.

DPTune.com provides a full array of on board vehicle computer services. They have cracked and reprogrammed just about every OEM unit produced. The thrust of the business is to promote tuning through sanctioning body support but the company does offer team consulting and services.

[ 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: JIM DANIELS ]

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm happy to see the cream still rising to the top in MX-5 Cup! [Smile]

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Brad Verified Driver Series Champ
2007 SCCA Champion

Region: SFR
Car #: 14
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Joe/Jim,

Thanks for making MX-5 Cup even more spec. [thumbsup]

I wish you guys had been here from the beginning as it sure would've stopped a lot of grumbling and finger pointing. It might have even made some people go back to the shop and work on car prep instead of disparaging their competitors. [shame]

Running the new flash for the first time at Autobahn reminded me of the first time I drove a 1800...torque baby!

Can you guys put that flash into a 1600? With that much pull even Drago would drive a 1600. [Big Grin]

~Brad

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: