Spec Miata Community
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Announcements » SPECMIATA.COM SHUTS DOWN!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SPECMIATA.COM SHUTS DOWN!
JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greetings fellow Spec Miata, Miata, MX5 and Mazda enthusiast!

Over the past decade, the volunteers and members of the SpecMiata.com Website have created a phenomenal online community. This community is fueled by all of our passion for the Miata and the enjoyment we bring each other on a social level. It has been my esteemed honor to be along for the ride, I appreciate the experience more than Iím able to communicate in words.

As the saying goes ďall good things must come to an endĒ, and that is where we find SpecMiata.com at today. However, do not fret, the community and content will not be lost but be given an opportunity to gain new heights in the community Website world. For several years and more concertedly the past few months we have realized SpecMiata.com was outdated and in need of improvement. We have also come to know that there is a hole in the Mazda racing community for a site with the geniality and fellowship we have at the SpecMiata.com Website.

After some quiet research, and some simple beta testing, I am tremendously excited and proud to announce the start-up of MazdaRacers.com. This new site, http://www.MazdaRacers.com is live right now and will replace SpecMiata.com in the coming weeks. SpecMiata.com will NOT accept new members as of this writing and no new topics or posts will be allowed after January 31st 2011. The SpecMiata.com Website will remain available for searching its archives after the January 31st 2011 shut down date. All of the forums you now enjoy have a place at the new site and are ready for the new content next season will bring.

Our aim and now mission is to create an environment that is current in technology and incorporating to all Mazda racers and fans. I have raced a Mazda in and built Mazda cars for 12+ classes within the various sanctioning bodies. That creates lots of friends and acquaintances that I like to socialize with. Just this month I participated in the 25 hour of Thunderhill with co-drivers who race a variety of Mazda products, club to pro. This cross class friendship and sentiment is repeated over and over in our community. The thrust of this new URL and Website is to unite all Mazda racers so we can boast about our achievements, share our knowledge, learn more about our hobby and interact with those outside the driver circles who are Mazda enthusiasts.

The new site features and plans for its content are literally mind boggling. I will tease you with these comments, live in-car video feeds of your races embedded into your blog, dozens of personal achievement awards, a free classified ad system in the latest global Google friendly format, full Facebook, Twitter etc. integration and one of my favorites, one login access for all features.

While I am saddened to see the old site go, Iím thrilled to bring in the new technology and other Mazda racers for what I believe to be a truly unique and enriching online community, MAZDARACERS.COM.

Happy Holidays and see you at the new site!

Jim Daniels
Mazda Loyalist

[ 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Drago ]

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: