Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » SafeRacer Discount (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: SafeRacer Discount
Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In response to the locked thread, the SafeRacer discount we offered on most items is still active for our fellow Spec Miata competitors.

We've been a continuous sponsor of this site, at various levels, and are proud to support all of you guys (and gals). With so many of our brethren having success at the pro level, we've allocated some of our sponsorship expenditures to their "on-camera" efforts. In addition, we're working on new ways, through sponsorship, to keep our Spec Miata community (little "c") going strong and vibrant. Please stay tuned.

In addition to supporting you through the discount, we're proud to support Jim Daniels and SpecMiata.com, "The Official Spec Miata Community," through continued banner advertisement.

Thank you for your continued support. sm0125xrp

See you at the track...

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks a lot guys!

Sam Barnett

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Saferacer is the best! Been doing business with them for years! Can't say enough good things about them!!!!

FastM3 Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 38
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Very Much

Have always had great Service and Price.

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

Red Gump Verified Driver

Region: central florida
Car #: 111
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Red Gump     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks, still works!

--------------------
I've spent most of my money on women, cars, and booze. the rest, I just wasted.

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Youze guyz rock! [Smile]

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Loudes13 Verified Driver

Car #: 13
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Loudes13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does the discount work for Traqmate?

I don't see any TM accessories. Can also purchase what I need to do oil pressure and coolant temp?

--------------------
http://www.allenskillicorn.com

PsychoRallye Verified Driver
Member, Odd Duck Racing

Region: NYR
Car #: 7, 17
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PsychoRallye   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone ever get replies from saferacer?

I've emailed them several times to no replies. I've also called and every time I call their toll free is busy...

They were really quick on shipping and the prices are really fair, but I can't seem to get ahold of them for a return...

--------------------
J Curry
Member Odd Duck Racing Team
(Mills, Gregg, Curry)
Car #7/17/71 depending upon event

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Phones are still slammed right now, and we continue to add lines all of time.

I just happened to be checking on the tire test and saw this note, please forward your email to me personally and I will get you an answer to your question.

I apologize for any problems,
Thanks for your business,
Charlie James
CJames@egoragroup.com

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

PsychoRallye Verified Driver
Member, Odd Duck Racing

Region: NYR
Car #: 7, 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PsychoRallye   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys, just got an email today. I'm glad that your company is so busy! No problem, just wanted to make sure you were out there somewhere [Smile]

--------------------
J Curry
Member Odd Duck Racing Team
(Mills, Gregg, Curry)
Car #7/17/71 depending upon event

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You know I go to you guys first for most everything i can, but the last few experiences haven't been the best. I hope for the sake of all of us that you guys are making the necessary improvements. You set the bar too high to start [Wink]

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The bar does seem to be set high. I am though impressed "EVERY" time I have to call to check on my order with the genuine politeness of anyone I talk too.

This is though the third time that I sit waiting for a simple part to arrive. I'm waiting because the part wasn't in stock but I was told It would arrive before I need to leave for the event this weekend. Maybe I didn't stress or emphasis that I needed the part to be compliant with the GCR. Oh well, looks like a trip to Ace or AutoZone today to bandage another part fix I'm waiting on

I'm one who tries to be committed to the same vendors but I don't think this is working for me.

Soooo....I have a couple remaining purchases that the dyno confirmed this week may be beneficial but I'm hesitant to send off $1000 for parts when $80-$100 in parts doesn't make the delivery expectation.

Where would you guys purchase;

1.6 straight intake. I want round to square as it meets the AFM.

Springfield Dyno Exhaust

Large Radiator. Leaning toward DAveW's Koyo 53mm radiator

That's the major stuff, all else is minor.

TIA

Scott Moore Verified Driver

Region: Midwest
Car #: 57
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Moore   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bob

private message sent. be glad to make sure your order is on the way. look forward to hearing from you

--------------------
www.saferacer.com

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Scott,

I'll follow up. The order at this time is not pressing as I've sent someone to the hardware store to bring back a solution that will comply with the GCR. Not as good a solution as what was ordered but compliance is my desire.

Regarding your avatar though...

We have bassetts and after my girlfriend saw your avatar we're having problems getting as much height as you demonstrate. I just noticed what seems like an underhand technique in the pic which explains why the overhand technique we're using in a doorway isn't working well...for both door and dog. Unless you have something to add we're back to testing....lol

Bobby C

Car #: 11
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bobby C     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by -Bob-:
The bar does seem to be set high. I am though impressed "EVERY" time I have to call to check on my order with the genuine politeness of anyone I talk too.

This is though the third time that I sit waiting for a simple part to arrive. I'm waiting because the part wasn't in stock but I was told It would arrive before I need to leave for the event this weekend. Maybe I didn't stress or emphasis that I needed the part to be compliant with the GCR. Oh well, looks like a trip to Ace or AutoZone today to bandage another part fix I'm waiting on

I'm one who tries to be committed to the same vendors but I don't think this is working for me.

Soooo....I have a couple remaining purchases that the dyno confirmed this week may be beneficial but I'm hesitant to send off $1000 for parts when $80-$100 in parts doesn't make the delivery expectation.

Where would you guys purchase;

1.6 straight intake. I want round to square as it meets the AFM.

Springfield Dyno Exhaust

Large Radiator. Leaning toward DAveW's Koyo 53mm radiator

That's the major stuff, all else is minor.

TIA

Bob,
1.6 Intake = Blake Clements SP Induction

Large Radiator = http://www.awrracing.com The new Ron Davis triple pass.

Springfield Dyno exhaust = Iron Canyon Motorsports....

Hope that helps..

Bobby Carter

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Moore   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

disclaimer::::: i have no affiliation to the animal cruilty associated with my avator. it is simply a picture i found while surfing the net. just thought it was a cool & funny looking picture, as it looks almost exactly like my beagle dog at home. just for fun.

side note: if anyone on this forum ever has trouble getting in touch with us regarding an order or anything else please don't hesitate to email or private message me directly. sometimes it is hard to get through to us on the phone or through the website email. my direct email is smoore@egoragroup.com

thank you
scott

--------------------
www.saferacer.com

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

On the Koyo radiator, it is Koyo part no. R1139. When I was looking for mine, I just did a few google searches and on craigslist. Found a local vendor through craigslist that was selling them brand new for $340. It might also help to include the term "free shipping" in any google search since that can get pretty pricey.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Ryan Medico

Car #: COMMA #55
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ryan Medico     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I ordered the SD exhaust from Saferacer a few weeks ago. I was immediately e-mailed that it was on backorder. I called repeatedly &, on the 5th try, got through to an extremely nice rep. He said that it should be shipped in 2 weeks at the most.
It arrived 4 days later.
Other than the busy signals, I have had nothing but great experiences with them.
[cheerful]

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is this code still working for everyone? I just tried ordering some gloves, and applying the code had no effect.

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, it still works. You most likely entered it wrong.

jcpeters

Region: florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jcpeters     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

New to the racing game and spec miata...looking to get myself a HANS but not sure about which model. I'm guessing the 20 but want to be sure before I buy.

Is the Model 20 the correct HANS for Spec Miata?

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats what virtually everyone buys. Its then up to you to decide between Pro, Extra, or Sport models.

db

jcpeters

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jcpeters     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks spdmonkey.

modernbeat

Icon 1 posted  Profile for modernbeat     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought the SR discount did not apply to HANS devices. Am I wrong? Or does it work by phone only with the secret password?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by spdmonkey:
Thats what virtually everyone buys. Its then up to you to decide between Pro, Extra, or Sport models.

db

I dunno if its worth the $200, but my girlfriend just ordered the sport model (the heavier carbon fiber molded one.) It is MUCH heavier than the Extra. I don't know if I was in the market I would care to spend the extra on the lighter one but I sure do appreciate it. I would mention, I don't know if its in my head or not but the sport model was a bit more comfortable during the race and as far as i know we have the same size and degree unit.

Make sure you get the sliding tethers! they're awesome!!

--------------------

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Discount worked fine for my Sport purchase.

With the sliding tethers, once I got belted in I didn't even know it was there.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

dkizerian Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Utah
Car #: 98
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dkizerian     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Muda:
Discount worked fine for my Sport purchase.

With the sliding tethers, once I got belted in I didn't even know it was there.

Great to hear, since yesterday I finally ordered my sport in large with the sliding tethers, and I was given the discount during check-out, but worried that i might get a call saying the discount didn't apply to HANS. the savings with the sport model allowed me to also get the ICM strings set-up (used a friend's and loved it) and a helmet bag...

--------------------
Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Director

jcpeters

First...thanks to the SafeRacer staff. I had a bunch of questions (e-mailed) and they responded quickly and we're a big help. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

The discount was verified in one of the e-mails from SafeRacer and the code they provided worked fine when I ordered my HANS. I too worried that I might get a call saying "whoops, our bad" but my order was confirmed... payment processed... and item shipped.

Mike Bell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mentally Retired

Region: NASA TX
Car #: 16
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Code still works but don't try to order Toyos with it like I did! (hey, can't blame a guy for trying right?)

But the rest of my order went through just fine, thanks SafeRacer!

--------------------
Mike Bell
http://www.bns-racing.com/sm.jpg

Team SafeRacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know most of you are aware of our SM discount, but wanted to remind you and any new members about our 10% discount.

With the economy cooling down, want to make sure that if you, or your significant others, are buying anything from us this Christmas, that you're using the discount code. sm0125xrp

You guys are great, hope you all get the rules changes that you've been asking Santa for. You do know that Santa lives in Memphis, right [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you all over there at safe racer. You all make it just a littler easier for me to make it out to the track.

Thank you and have a great holiday,
Jared

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie James:
You do know that Santa lives in Memphis, right [Big Grin]

With offices in DC,Atlanta,CA and WI [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlie,
If I order a harness set, will it have the '09 date on it?
wheel

Team SafeRacer

Depends which ones you're ordering, pm me on exactly you are looking for.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

PM SENT

Team SafeRacer

Hey Group,
Our normal SM discount code expired at the end of '08, but not to worry, helow is the new 10% discount code. Just use this code at checkout time to receive your discount.

SM0125XRP2

Thanks as always for your business,
Charlie

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

Spencer N

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Spencer N   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's weird, I just bought something using the old code sm0125xrp before I saw your post. It seemed to work fine for me.

-spencer

Team SafeRacer

I actually reactivated the old code after my last message as well.
Go ahead and use whichever one you prefer.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You Rock Charlie, Thanks

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the support!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Veteran Member

Hey Charlie,

Mazdaspeed Motorsports members are suppose to receive 15% off on Sparco products. You guys are listed as an honoring dealer, is this correct? I may be ordering a new Sparco suit before the new season...

Spencer N

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Spencer N   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wondering about the Sparco discount too. I ordered a Sparco seat 2 days ago and the person I talked to on the phone said they only do 10% off and not 15% for Sparco stuff like it says on Mazda comp. website.

Yes, we are an honoring dealer of the Sparco Mazdaspeed Motorsports members 15% discount...but you have to mention it specifically to the phone person that you speak with..it can't be done online. If the person you talk to is still confused just tell them to talk to Scott and I will set them straight.

Spencer....email Shane at info@saferacer.com with your order # details on the seat order and he can get the extra 5% credited back to you..and I apologize someone gave you any wrong info.

We appreciate all you guys

Thanks
Scott

--------------------
www.saferacer.com

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Discount code still works. Thanks SafeRacer! Got your stickers on my car!

Adam Figarsky

Region: mo-hud
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Adam Figarsky   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

sm0125xrp2
THANKS FOR THE DISCOUNT AND STICKERS...
JUST BOUGHT A NEW HELMET...
br1 flat blacK...OH YEAH
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

--------------------
TeamFigMented

2009 NARRC and NYSRRC SSM Champion
2009 SSM NESCCA Enduro Series Champion

Brian Benthin Verified Driver
Professional ballast

Region: Northwest
Car #: ICSCC #322
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Benthin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just got my Schroth Harnesses, thanks for the discount and killer service!

--------------------
Brian

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quick update:
Code in first post of thread still works as of 04/23/10!

Thanks again SafeRacer!

Rick Fawthrop

Region: Norpac
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rick Fawthrop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I recently phoned in an order and the salesman knew the discount number. I did not even had to read it off.
Someone has answered the phone promptly every time I have called.
The company seems like a class act.

coupon code is dead today?

--------------------

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mmm, can't imagine why. I ordered a new helmet a week ago and the SM code was applied. Maybe they just like me.

Craig J

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: