» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » Arai liner

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Arai liner
B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My Arai helmet liner is becoming really frayed, expecially around my chin and cheeks. Has anyone tried to replace the liners on these? And if so, where can I order the liner.

Thanks,

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

cooleyjb

Region: NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cooleyjb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Contact Arai directly. You have to setup an account on their website IIRC. Then submit an issue. That will be the fastest way to get it taken care of.

If that doesn't work go back to the place you bought it. I've had a few Arai's that I've sent back for the liner issue. During peak time it took about 5-6 weeks. Right now I've heard about a 2 week turnaround.

Gold Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thx Cooley, was that covered under warranty?

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

cooleyjb

Region: NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cooleyjb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All the ones I've sent in for customers have been but it's taken much longer for me to get it done thanks to middle men than people who have gone directly to Arai.

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

check out the warranty section of their website. http://www.araiamericas.com/#/home

--------------------
Paul McLester

Brian Linn Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cal Club
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Linn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had the same problem with my Arai and sent it back earlier this year. They re-did the liner in a few weeks. I did go through the place where I purchased it. It was done at no cost, except for the shipping cost to them.

I was surprised that after two years of use that mine was so frayed. Interesting to hear that it happened to others too. Not very good material down there, but good customer service.

--------------------
Brian Linn
2007 Mark Donohue award winner

Gold Member

That is great to hear Brian! I've noticed different material in another helmet bought about the same time mine. The material in my helmet was ver soft and smooth the other helmet I saw was more corduroy looking. But nobody I've talked to in my region has had that problem with their GPs. I just figured I have a tough beard or my suit collar was rubbing against it.

I would never buy another brand, especially after hearing about the 5 yr warranty!

Thanks all!

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: