Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » Window Net Dates

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Window Net Dates
darmstrong Verified Driver

Region: sediv
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for darmstrong     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am curious if the window net ever goes out of date like the seat harness. I was looking for a new one anyway, but the question of age of my current one came up in the conversation.

Thanks,

Dave
SM #66

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Window nets should be checked during your annual inspection. Frayed nets, or nets that show deterioration, should be replaced.
They are supposed to have an SFI spec. 27.1 label, but are not required to have a date.

dp35 Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My window net did not pass NASA inspection because its date label couldn't be read. It did pass SCCA though.

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SFI states recert period is 2 years-along with (39.1/2) seats and (37.1) rollcage nets. They also state (S3.2A/10+) driver suits are good for 5 years.

I would suggest "on condition." That seems to work for my underwear and seatbelts in all FAA registered aircraft.

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sun exposure seems to have the greatest detrimental effect on my netting and padding. I'm sure the belts take a beating from the sun too. I try to keep them clean and store the car in a garage while not at the track.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JimEli:
SFI states recert period is 2 years-along with (39.1/2) seats and (37.1) rollcage nets. They also state (S3.2A/10+) driver suits are good for 5 years.

I would suggest "on condition." That seems to work for my underwear and seatbelts in all FAA registered aircraft.

I didn't know it was an FAA requirement but never the less...I make it a point to change my underwear "on condition" rather than waiting 2 years too. [Smile]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: