Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » Safety Solutions: HybridPro VS HybridProRage?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Safety Solutions: HybridPro VS HybridProRage?
SCCA_Racer

Region: 33 SFR
Year : 1991
Icon 5 posted  Profile for SCCA_Racer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am looking at purchasing either the HybridPro or the HybridProRage, so my question is if any of you know the differences between them and if any of you use either of them? Also, any complaints from using either of them?
Thanks for the feedback in advance! [thumbsup]
Hybrid Pro
Hybrid Pro Rage

--------------------
Joshua Fine
SCCA member 323214 since 2003
Novice Permit in 2010
Racing 2011

cooleyjb

Region: NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cooleyjb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The difference is the material it's made out of. Just like the Professional and Sport in the HANS line. The Rage is the injection molded and the other one is carbon fiber.

Great device. I have one on the desk here next to a HANS and DefNder. It is very non-intrusive and comfortable. It's the one I recommend to my friends and family.

SCCA_Racer

Region: 33 SFR
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SCCA_Racer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CooleyJB,

I thought that might be the case but it is not to clearly stated on their website. Since the function is the same and the belts will be pulling down on it then weight is not an issue. Any recommendations on where to purchase? I think the price is set by the manufacture so I don't think I will find a "special price" but thought I should ask.
Anybody else use either one?

--------------------
Joshua Fine
SCCA member 323214 since 2003
Novice Permit in 2010
Racing 2011

John Hammer Palazzolo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

Region: NASA SE
Car #: 88
Year : '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've been using a full carbon fiber Hybrid from Safety Solutions for years: great piece that (literally) helped save my neck at Road Atlanta last year.

I'm a BIG fan of those guys.

Purchase right from their website...and if you've got some time, ask to talk with Trevor; he'll talk your ear off about safety systems in cars. A great resource.

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

Automotive Event Facilitator
Performance Driving Instructor
JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

FastM3 Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 38
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I purchased a Hybrid Pro Rage this year after using a HANS for several years.

The reduced forces on the neck, especially on a side impact is what interested me. It must work because I have much less neck 'recovery time' after a race weekend than before.

It is a little more difficult to put on, but after practice you can do it yourself. My wife clips it up for me.

The downside I have found is that it is easier to get it all on before getting in the car. So you go to grid with your helmet already on.

On the plus side you can take a nap on grid and your head is not going to move much.

I purchased it at a show from Lajoie seats. They had a special offer. Safety Solutions cannot discount. HINT A retailer can.

So

Aaron at Safety Solutions or
Johnny Love at Lajoie of seating

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: