Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » Pull down or pull up preferences

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Pull down or pull up preferences
Dacowieson

Region: Northeast
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dacowieson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am about to install the Schroth Profi II six points with the 2" HANS shoulder straps. Any advice on the relative merits of using 'pull up' or 'pull down' setup for the lap belts? Currently I have a 'pull down' set up on both lap and shoulder on my G-Force setup and find the pull down on the lap straps does not let me get the belts as tight as I really want. With the Schroth set up I am tempted to use pull down on the shoulders and re-wrap the lap straps for pull up but not sure about clearance at the seat siding to release the tension easily. I am sure people will have tried both so all advice/comments appreciated

Blix Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NER
Car #: 12
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blix     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I love the ones that are right by the camlock and are pull down. VERY easy to tighten, even while you're driving (sometimes they work loose on a long stint in an enduro)

--------------------
Eric
http://www.hale-motorsports.com
For all your Mazda and Mustang needs

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Schroth 6 point here with the 2"-->3" shoulder belts and 2" lap belts. I pull the shoulder belts down to tighten. I pull the lap belts up to tighten (it works best when I run the pull strap through the belt hole in the seat rather than pulling directly up on the pull strap). Hope this makes sense...

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Greg Kimble Verified Driver

Region: CFR
Car #: 81
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Kimble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use pull down on the shoulders and pull up on the lap belts, I had the lap belts pull down originally,but couldnt get them tight enough, switched to pull up and have had no issues.

Dacowieson

Region: Northeast
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dacowieson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All input appreciated. I think it is worth a re-wrap - at the very least as a comparison test.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: