Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » Ultra Shield right side net

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Ultra Shield right side net
jwarren Verified Driver

Region: NNJ
Car #: 51
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jwarren   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm doing some finishing touches on a fresh tub and went to install an US right side net i got as a gift a while ago but never put in. I went to start and realized that this thing is ridiculously short? is this made for a sprint car or am i doing something wrong?

this was being installed from front dash bar to main hoop on a miatacage kit.

--------------------
Ridgespeed Racing

#51 J. Andrew Warren

http://www.ridgespeedracing.com

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

PM Sent

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

Shop Teacher

Region: SF Nor Cal
Car #: #39
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shop Teacher     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I went to Home Depot and picked up a black ratchiting tiedown. Cut off one of the hooks and wove the end fron the net to it. Works great.

--------------------
Al Angulo
Auto Instructor
Ford Senior Master Tech
ASE Master Tech

jj15ball

Region: SE
Car #: 15
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jj15ball     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I used some 3/16" sheethed cable and a D ring. Might be a better idea with the ratchet strap.

--------------------
Jason Ball

jwarren Verified Driver

Region: NNJ
Car #: 51
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jwarren   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

sounds good - i guess i was unaware that you had to go get a strap to make it work. i'll take pics when done!

--------------------
Ridgespeed Racing

#51 J. Andrew Warren

http://www.ridgespeedracing.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: