Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Safety » The 'ideal' helmet... (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The 'ideal' helmet...
Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I love my GP5W... (perfect excuse for showing it off!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45992542@N05/4664070915/

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DionJ:
I liked my HJC AR10, especially the removable liner, but it was a bit heavy. My SI12 is super light, but no removable liner. Next I think I would get the HX10. Yes, they're all made in Korea, get 'em before war breaks out...

Too Late

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike LL:
quote:
Originally posted by DionJ:
I liked my HJC AR10, especially the removable liner, but it was a bit heavy. My SI12 is super light, but no removable liner. Next I think I would get the HX10. Yes, they're all made in Korea, get 'em before war breaks out...

Too Late
I was in Seoul last week and the Koreans live with the reality of war about to break out at any moment. Interesting place.

I have a practical question as I consider a new helmet purchase. My previous purchases have been from a store where I was able to select the best fit. There are limited options in Dallas for that approach. I see that most are ordering via the internet/phone. How are you selecting sizes and what do you do if you are not quite satisfied with the helmet?

Craig J

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
I love my GP5W... (perfect excuse for showing it off!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45992542@N05/4664070915/

LOOKS GOOD

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I got an email from somone saying that my SA2000 helmet is now good until the end of 2011. Can anyone else confirm this?

If that's true, I may just hang on to my 2000 for another year and save some dough.

hoop

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: