Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northeast » NASA/ Summit

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA/ Summit
Elvisthelawman Elvisthelawman has just turned 71

Region: #42
Car #: 00
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Elvisthelawman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want to thank everyone for showing me a good time Saturday night. I'll have my night vision set up for the next one. [Big Grin] You boys Rock!!

Elvis

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Results???

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

KINGRAT

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KINGRAT   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sat Qual
1. Collins
2. Zalner
3. Copeland
4. Olson
5. D Cates
6. Ellis
7. Kopp

Sat Race
1. Copeland
2. Collins
3. Ellis
4. B Cates
5. dePedro ** hardcharger
6. Kopp
7. Olson

Sun Qual
1. Ellis
2. B Cates
3. Collins
4. Copeland
5. Zalner
6. dePedro
7. Kopp

Sun Race
1. Ellis
2. dePedro
3. Kopp
4. D Cates
5. Interdonato
6. AJ Nealy
7. Tyrell

--------------------
-----------------------------------
KING RAT MOTORSPORTS LLC
sales@kingratmotorsports.com
(540) 955 9696 http://www.kingratmotorsports.com

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What happened in the Sunday Race? Brain, Copeland and Collins not in the top 5?

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

KINGRAT

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KINGRAT   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

LAP 2: Cates misses his 2-3 shift in the carousel and gets 1st. Collins nails Cates, Copeland nails Collins and Cates ends up on top of the earth berm stage left T6b. [Frown]

Zalner DQ'd from 2nd place for underweight. 3 extra laps in Sunday's race (the weight difference would be the fuel).

--------------------
KING RAT MOTORSPORTS LLC
sales@kingratmotorsports.com
(540) 955 9696 http://www.kingratmotorsports.com

Brian Cates

Region: Washington, DC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Cates   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sam, where were you?

We had a good group of about 30 Miatas. Great weather and a fast track. We even had Bret DePedro driving a 1.8.

Dont have the results in front but here goes;

Saturday - Dean Copeland was driving Kevin Kopp's 1.6 and battled hard with Meathead in his killer 99 with Dean coming out on top. Kenny Zalner was in the mix for a while in his 1.6 but fell back a little and Ryan Ellis got by in Dean Copeland's old 1.8. I was slowly realing in Ellis with a little bump drafting help from Devin and was closing in on Kenny when his tranny let go. That's pretty much how it ended with Dean(1.6)p1, Collins(99)p2, Ellis(96) p3, B. Cates(1.6) p4 and Depedro(94) p5. We were all very close in times with one car in the high 27's and a bunch of low 28's.

Sunday morning practice and Dean goes out and turns a 1:26.9 with Collins right behind at 1:27.0.

Devin and I switched cars and I qualified 2nd behind Ellis on pole, then Dean, Collins and Kenny in 5th. Third lap into the race I decided it was time for one of my patented missed shifts and basically stopped in front of the field in the Carousel and got nailed by Collins and went off the track and high sided onto the berm where I remained until the tow truck came!

Dean nailed Collins so hard it broke Collins diff and he had to retire and a few laps later Dean's car stopped running. So with one missed shift (actually it went into gear, just not the right gear!) I took out 3 cars [Eek!]

Kenny battled hard with Ellis and they traded positions and at the end Kenny was all over Ellis around turn 10 and Ellis managed to hang on and win his first SM race. [thumbsup]

Kenny got DQ'd for being underweight (Scales were a little funky this weekend) so Bret ended up 2nd with Kevin Kopp 3rd and Devin Cates 4th.

Would have been a great race on Sunday had it not been for my shifting error.

It's been a fun year with Dean being the guy to beat and Devin and Ryan getting their first wins. It's tough being an "old guy".

So I am still in the points lead but Ellis has now moved into 2nd place so it looks like I will have to race in November and miss the ARRC.

With the new NASA rules regarding POG I think the cars were all pretty equall. At least at Summit Point. Now if some of us could just drive automatics. [Big Grin] [Smash] [help]

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Racing budget for 2008 is all spent :-(

Look forward to 2009 though. Sounds like it was a fun weekend!

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Cates:
Sam, where were you?

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

RP Performance Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RP Performance   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Cates:
[QB] Sam, where were you?

We had a good group of about 30 Miatas. Great weather and a fast track. We even had Bret DePedro driving a 1.8.

Just another old guy like you Brian.

--------------------
Bret de PedroRP PerformanceRentals,construction,track supportwww.rpperformanceracing.com2005 MARRS ITA Champion1st place Summit point 12 hour 2004,2005,20061st place SSM Summit Point 12 hour2007,20081st, 2nd place NE 2006

Elvisthelawman Elvisthelawman has just turned 71

Region: #42
Car #: 00
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Elvisthelawman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The NASA weekend is here, and the party's about to begin,so Don't be Cruel...cause if ya do, this ol Honky Tonk Man will be waitin for you. [Eek!]

Elvis

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: