Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northeast » Guess what ????.....hint: Toyo

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Guess what ????.....hint: Toyo
motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 205/50R15 Toyo RA-1 will be put back into production for a limited time. No time frame on arrival yet........

Enjoy !!

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

nealspens Verified Driver

Region: Rio Grande
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nealspens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I actually called Toyo USA in California yesterday and was told that the RA-1s were NOT going back into production.

ctkellett Verified Driver
http://www.syncspeedinc.com

Region: Phila
Car #: 93
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ctkellett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Plus the rules would need to be re written, in order to allow the newer production dates.

--------------------
All the best,

Chris

Sync Speed, Inc.

Racing Communications
(610) 659- 1033
syncspeedinc@mac.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by motorrock:
The 205/50R15 Toyo RA-1 will be put back into production for a limited time. No time frame on arrival yet........

Enjoy !!

Who are you and where do you get your information from?

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Note that Phil's tire service made a post to a similar effect on the NASA forums.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Yosh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Phila
Car #: 77
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Yosh   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike C:

in another thead, he says he's from Phil's Tire Service:

quote:
motorrock

Well guys I'm very sympathetic to your woes. I am a racer (20 years)/tire guy (32 years)/ race tire guy (20 years) and trackside support vendor for going on 4 years. We do trackside support for 3 NASA regions, Mid Atlantic, Northeast and Great Lakes, and this year we will be doing 5 events in the Northeast for SCCA , solely as a Toyo Motorsports dealer there to support the Spec Miata crowd. We are a Hoosier, Hankook and Goodyear race tire dealer also. I pride myself on helping the racers as much as I can at the track with their tire problems. I don't try to "tell them" anything in particular, unless they ask. What I try to do is listen to what they give me as far as info/input about their problem and then I give them back a direction to start or a reason for the problem. Sometimes you just need some one to organize your thoughts for you and get you headed in the right direction. Most of what happens out there on the track is physical in nature (physics if you will), you just need it to make sense. Being a racer myself, I can understand immediately where you are coming from. I love what I do and love being at the track. I think the advice that I share, is just another part of my job.

PS - I'm not trying to steal Joe's thunder here. He's a friend of mine too. We are all in this together.

philstireservice.com

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77
http://www.woodlawngarage.com
http://www.syncspeedinc.com

fleming Made Donation to Website

Region: northeast
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fleming     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike C:
quote:
Originally posted by motorrock:

Enjoy !!

Why would I buy tires the 205/50/R15 from Phils
tires at 138.00 ea, when I can buy them from the
tireshoppe cheaper?
This is what price Phils tire has on the NASA
forum for the specmiata tire.. Then to think of
it Phil's tire guys, drive Porsche??

[ 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: fleming ]

--------------------
"where one ends, one shall begin".

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: