Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » Road Atlanta - CCW?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Road Atlanta - CCW?
Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am interested a couple of the NASA events at Road Atlanta to help me prepare for possibly running the 2010 ARRC. However I noticed the track direction is CCW. Is this accurate? I have never seen anyone run the track backwards. If true, it obviously will not help me for the ARRC especially since I have never driven there.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Clockwise. I don't know if I've ever seen anything at Road Atlanta go CCW.

Come out in March...sign up for the PDX on Sunday and drive your street car around the track. All you need is a helmet and I believe it's around $100.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bob, thanks.

I reviewed the NASA schedule again and the March event is clockwise, and the June and August events are listed as counter-clockwise.

I have a local race in March so I won't make that. Besides my street car is a F150. If I drive 7 hours to Atlanta it will be to run the SM.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm 99.9999% sure that counter-clockwise designation is just a data entry error. The track is just not set up for CCW. I've run a lot of events there and there's never CCW (except for the drifters in 10a, 10b, back to 10a).

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Or folks turning around after spinning.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
I'm 99.9999% sure that counter-clockwise designation is just a data entry error. The track is just not set up for CCW. I've run a lot of events there and there's never CCW (except for the drifters in 10a, 10b, back to 10a).

That's what I figured. It seems nerve wracking enough to come down the hill and through T12 onto the straight. I can't imagine coming down the hill and through turn one - I think the wall may be a little closer here?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris Haldeman

Region: texas
Car #: 71,72
Year : 1990,1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Haldeman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

lee let me know when you are going i will go with.i have 100's of laps at road atlanta on 2 wheels and look forward to returning

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I do not think a miata could make it up that hill CCW [Smile]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Chris, I am shooting for the mid-June event. Depending on how that goes, I may try for the ARRC.

Willie, I thought the same thing. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

EFoss28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2008 SM and MX-5 Cup Champion 2009 SWC Rookie of the Year

Region: Texas
Car #: 28
Year : 99/06/10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We did parts of laps CCW at Road Atlanta for fun when I worked at the Panoz Racing School and it was SKETCHY!!! Turn 1, 5 and 7 were totally insane. I wouldn't race RA CCW [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.GoTeamMER.com
http://www.ericfossracing.com
http://www.saferacer.com

Hey Eric, we need to get the Forza game to allow us to run the course backwards. [Smile]

FWIW, I contacted Jim Pantas about the issue and it was indeed in error and has been corrected on the registration screens.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: