Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » CMP February Races

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CMP February Races
Glenn Long Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NCR
Car #: 76
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn Long   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Steve Phillips for winning both races in a Long Road Racing SM. Well done Steve!

Brockodile

Region: Southeast
Car #: 6
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brockodile     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would add my congrats to Glenn's.I had a comfortable lead in the Saturday race, but hit traffic. Steve caught me on the final lap and passed me in turn 13. Ouch. Thanks to OPM and Race Engineering, I had a great car with plenty of power; Steve just outdrove me. Hoped for another shot on Sunday, but missed grid for the qualifying race and started in back. Had fun racing with the pack, but Steve started on pole and checked out on us early while we diced around.

Congrats also to Steve Devinney, another OPM racer, for winning The Saturday Spec E30 race.

BTW, you haven't lived until you have experienced CMP with 3 inches of snow. Great time had by all driving around the track in trucks and street cars to melt the slush. Saw some credible drifting. A couple of HPDE sessions were lost, but all races were run, full-length. Kudos to Jim and Julie Pantas for resourceful management.

--------------------
Skip Brock
OPM Rental, RE Engine

Seems like everywhere I go,
The more I see,
The less I know.

"Say Hey", by Michael Franti

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all, wish I could have made it to CMP.
Sounds like a great race with Skipp and Steve, last lap pass now that's a good race.
See yall soon.

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: