Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » NASA Florida at PBIR on April 24 & 25!!!!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA Florida at PBIR on April 24 & 25!!!!
NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Guys, thanks for your participation. We had a great event this past weekend and I hope you all had a great time!

I don't think we had ANY track incidents, and I did see some big smiles!

Registration is OPEN for Homestead Miami Speedway on May 22 & 23. The DISCOUNTED RATE for Spec Miata Drivers is $199 for the weekend. THIS DISCOUNTED RATE IS GOOD THROUGH MAY 1st, so don't put off registering!

Steve Nix

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This is not an awards acceptance speech, but I want to personally thank all Spec Miata racers that participated in the PBIR event! You really came together and gave NASA FL a try, and I truly hope everyone had a good time, both on track and off track (kart racing with everyone was AWESOME!). We would love to have you continue to race with us in the future, and if there is anything you would like to feedback to us please go ahead and do so right here.

We had 15 cars sign up, which is almost par for the course at PBIR and a BIG improvement from our first event at Homestead. We had great parity between the cars too, after everyone got the cobwebs out, the top 4 cars on Sunday were all within the 1:36's. Hoods up in impound and then the top 4 rolled across the scales overweight. It is very pleasing to know that honesty and camaraderie overshadowed winning, as it should in Spec Miata racing.

I know we are still growing (fast) and I appreciate everyone being patient and laid back, you really made it easy for me as SM director. I also must thank assistant director Jim Blaisdell for helping get all of those new cars setup with logbooks on Friday!

So, onto the next event at Homestead/Miami! I know it is far down in the Everglades, but well worth it as it is one of the most fun tracks using the turn 10 configuration (which we will be using). You are not going to be able to do any superspeedway racing at Daytona after this weekend, so why not come down to HMS and feel like a pro in this world class facility?

As always, please contact me for assistance in learning how to get signed up for this event and how to obtain a license.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was another great weekend of NASA SM racing. It gets better with each event. I saw alot of big smiles and excitement from just about everyone involved.
Thanks again to John for putting in the time (stayed-up 27 hrs on Fri.) and effort.

I'm signed-up for Homestead.....can't wait, to race again!!!!

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For anyone that was there or is interested to read how the action went down, I wrote a race recap for the weekend:
http://5xracing.com/n-1685-nasafloridaspecmiatachallengepbirapril2010.html
Anyone that races with us and has a knack for writing is welcome to submit a blog to me and I will post it on the site as well. Feel free to leave a comment on the bottom of the page, your feedback or discussion is welcome!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

John - Great write up as usual! Just one correction, the next race weekend at Homestead Miami Speedway is on May 22 & 23.

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good write up John, I did not see anything in your story about the flyin cones. I saw cones everywhere, thought I was in an autox on turn 1/2, and got clobber by a cone going into the 4/5 complex, but it was all good. Looking fwd to the next race.

Chris Fulton

Region: CFR
Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great times this past weekend at PBIR! My first Race with NASA, and I'll definitely be back!

Thanks again Jim and John for working so tirelessly on Friday to ensure everyone's car was teched and our corral was to everyones liking! See everyone soon.

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had a great time and really enjoyed the close racing without getting slammed in the corners!

--------------------
Paul McLester

GeorgeCostanza

Icon 1 posted  Profile for GeorgeCostanza   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys, I had a great at the track last weekend and I am looking forward to Homestead. SM racing has me very excited. The close racing was really great. I bought a 1990 BSI built SM and I hope to have it ready to go for the Homestead race.

Lindsey

--------------------
Lindsey

www.5xracing.com

I was taking a guess at those dates Steve, I corrected it!

I did forget about the cones, they were everywhere! This is a PBIR trademark, kinda like the bumps at Sebring...

Paul,
That is what I stress as most important, close racing without the contact! But I figured out a long time ago that spec miata racing is impossible to compete in without some bruises to show for after most races. While sometimes it is impossible to avoid, it sure helps when everyone is on the same page going into the weekend. We all understand that nobody wants to fix their cars after every race, so with everybody being mindful of this helps avoid the big contact. Tire donuts are one thing, but broken suspensions and bent sheet metal are something I really stress as being essential to avoid, even if it means not being able to pass someone in a particular corner, patience is golden. I know how it is to have to do body work after every race, it is not as fun as you'd think and totally not worth it in the end for something that is supposed to be "for fun". So that is a good motto for NASA FL SMC: "close racing without getting slammed in the corners"

I am glad everyone had a good time, and I am looking forward to racing with everyone at Homestead next month. For those of you who cannot make Homestead, mark your calendars for June 19-20th when we visit Sebring for the first time this year. I will plan something big for this event if we get good participation, so tell your friends and make sure you have that weekend available for some racing!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Gators2001

Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gators2001     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

lol Great time!!!

A cone nearly took off my chin spoiler in the 4/5 set on Saturday.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: