Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » $199 Homestead Miami SM Reg Fee ends Sat May 1st!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: $199 Homestead Miami SM Reg Fee ends Sat May 1st!
NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Spec Miata Drivers - Our "Early Registration Fee" for SM Drivers ends on May 1st! So, let's get in gear and get registered for another great event.

The event is at Homestead Miami Speedway on May 22 & 23 and is being sponsored by John Adamczyk and 5X Racing.

You can go directly to SM Registration here:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1109

Please contact us with any questions:
NASA Florida: nasafl@Comcast.net
Spec Miata Challenge Director, John Adamczyk: 5XRacing@gmail.com

Hope to see you there!

Steve Nix

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve is the sm race using Homestead t10 or nascar 3 & 4 , the nascar turns are not the best for sm as the more real turns the better.

NASA Florida

Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Mitch - I think we are doing t10 and NOT nascar 3 & 4, but I will check with our race director and get back to you.

Steve

Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm signed-up...hoping for t10, not nascar 3&4!!!

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

NASA Florida

Hi Jim -

The question is out to the Race Director and I have already heard from the Assistant Race Director. We have the two race groups, and there is no reason why we can't go with the "Lightning (SM) Group" using t10, because all the feedback I have received from the Lightning Group favors that configuration. If the Thunder Group wants the NASCAR 3&4, well, we can do it that way for them, it all depends on the feedback we receive.

I think at this time, I can safely say that since the assistant Race Director and I both favor the t10 configuration for the Lighting Group, I can say that no matter what the Race Director says (and I assume he will be with us), we will run the t10 configuration for the Lightning Group.

So, set up your car for that configuration, that is the way it will be.

Steve Nix

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think the turn 10 configuration is unanimous among our Spec Miata Challenge racers wanting that set-up, including myself. The banks are fun but it does not benefit the driving skill set as much as the horsepower of the cars. Let the big bore guys have the banks, they can't turn anyways!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Steve...looking out for us Miata drivers , you included now.

BTW.. how was your car this last weekend?

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

Gators2001

Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gators2001     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Signed UP!

Votes for Turn 10!

Never seen a NASA event use the banking, well since I have been going.

Manny

NASA Florida

We are unanimous on the t10 for the upcoming Homestead Miami event. So, t10 it is for both race groups.

Manny - We have run the 3&4 banks two or three times, and drivers will be polled at the next event for their choice for the event there after the May event.

Jim - Yes I enjoyed my '99 Miata tremendously, but I was the slowest one there! However, I'm writing that off to 2nd time on the track, new car and being careful, and mostly STREET TIRES.

Steve

Carey Atkinson

Region: CFR
Car #: #45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Carey Atkinson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi All,
I just sighned up for Homestead too.It will be so much more fun without Nascar 3 & 4,hope I can hang.Had a great time at the last event,thanks to all.
Carey SM 45

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Signed up, car count yet?
CP SM#09

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just guessing I would have to say about 9 with your entry CP. Keep em coming, only a couple of more days for the good price (regular price is not bad either)!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

NASA Florida

Very good John! Nine so far. Please get the word out, I can't do anything for a driver on Sunday after the rates go up! Register today or tomorrow for the the $199 rate. Here are the entrants so far:
J. Adamczyk
C.P. Denis
M. Ferro
J. Blaisdell
R. Adamczyk
L. Jarrell
P. McLester
C. Atkinson
E. Gebhardt

Let's get it in gear! : ^ )

See you guys soon.

Steve

Gators2001

Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gators2001     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sweet I got 3rd PLACE!

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will get it in soon, need a bump draft.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: