Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » Hurry! NASA FL Sebring June 19-20 for $199

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Hurry! NASA FL Sebring June 19-20 for $199
John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The deadline is drawing near for the special SM only $199 price of registration to race at the world famous Sebring 12 hour course. We have until Friday June 4th to sign up, after that the price will go to the regular rates. Here are the direct links to the registration page and event info page:

Event Registration Page
Event Information

We have had a lot of support in helping build the NASA Florida Spec Miata Challenge, I want to thank all of our racers that have been loyal and returned month after month. Sebring is a local track to just about everybody in Central Florida, if you normally race this track (I know a lot of you out there do) and want to give NASA Florida a try, this is the event to see what we're all about!
Our style is a little bit different than what many are used to. We emphasize and encourage: clean, no contact racing; camaraderie and new friendships; fair, courteous competition, and a higher standard of racecraft; an easy to follow championship format; return on investments from contingencies and prizes; and most of all... FUN!

All of the regular NASA FL SMC racers share this philosophy, so if you are the "win at all costs" type this might not fit your needs. But, if you are the "I want to go race, have a good time, and come home with a clean, damage free car" type than this definitely fits your needs!

If you are a current SCCA racer, you can easily acquire a NASA race license and try us out. If you are interested in racing with us at Sebring, I will list the steps to racing with NASA:

1. Your car must be fitted with either: a triangle type center net or halo/head restraint seat
2. You must have a head and neck restraint (HANS) type device
3.Go to the Event Registration page (link above) and register for the event. No need to be a NASA member, you can still sign up for the event.
4. At the event purchase checkout process, purchase a NASA membership
5. After you register for the event, submit your current racing credentials to NASA to acquire your NASA competition license

Simple right? If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me and I can help you with the process.

I hope to see all of our regular SMC racers there and some new cars! If you have raced with us before, sign yourselves up, tell your sm racing friends and lets get a nice group together for this event!
John@5xracing.com

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm signed-up....Can't wait!!!
I know that there are a lot of CFR racers, that are Sebring die-hards. Well, this is a perfect time and venue to give NASA Fl a try. We have been carefully growing the NASA Spec Miata Fl from a handful of cars to solid 12-15 per weekend. And, everyone is having a great time!!!
We would really like to see a field of 25-30 cars, especially at Sebring. I know there are enough of you out there to help make it happen. George, Chris, Eric??, you know who you are!!!

So, please make it a serious consideration....and plus, it's only $199 for the whole weekend.

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

GeorgeCostanza

Icon 1 posted  Profile for GeorgeCostanza   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

See you there. I can't wait!

--------------------
Lindsey

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will Kramer be there?

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

He won't, licensing issues after his NJ turnpike Saab fuel incident.

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim is right, there are so many central Florida Sebring regulars out there, and it's an obvious fact that you all prefer to race at Sebring, so what difference does it make if it is SCCA or NASA? Spec Miata racing is Spec Miata racing no matter which organization it is with, once your out on track I don't think it matters who's running the show. I know I am not thinking about it when I'm out on track!

If anybody out there is a Sebring regular and can put the word out locally for us it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm registered. I had a great time at Homestead, it was great to see so many SM drivers come together and help another driver change his gearbox before the Sunday race. The races were clean and everyone got room to race.
Can't wait to go to Sebring.
Anyone have Sunday race video, my battery died on the out lap.
CP SM#09

Chris Fulton

Region: CFR
Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a great time at Nasa's PBIR event and am trying to convince my wife that this would be a great fathers day gift....not sure it's going to fly.
Hope to see everyone there.

www.5xracing.com

Chris,

Your the father, the days events should be your choice! Mothers day has already passed!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Eric Gebhardt

Region: FL
Car #: 37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Gebhardt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Guys! A bit of my history.. I got my NASA Lic a year ago yesterday(my first and only Competition racing Lic). And entered into my first SM race a year ago tomorrow(which i ended up in 1st). So far it has been a Really great year of racing! I am currently getting my spec ready for Sebring. And can't wait to see you guys/gals there. The only form of contact I wanna see is from your noses softly bumping my back bumper. This action will only have you signing my trunk lid along with the other great racers who have done so already!!!
Lets be safe and have a great time.

-Eric Gebhardt-

--------------------
MiataMan
-Black 99 with 01-05 front conversion skirted 15x9 silver 6ul's-
-90 Miata named "The Beast" 1,720 pounds 11psi resembles a Dune Buggy-
-91 red SM #37

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great wrtie up John, at 5xracing site.

Fun weekend , and being close to Key Largo is not bad either.
I have to give a big shout out to Eric and Cary for the best reality TV show I have seen in a while. It had it all, time pressure, drama,very hot weather,alot of grease all good, fun stuff. Racers are great people.

Not sure if I can be at the old airport, but would sure like too.

Gators2001

Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gators2001     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Paid and itching to get back on the track!

Cant wait to have another great weekend!

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great write up on the Homestead race!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Paul,

Are you racing with us? I hope so...Sebring is a home track for you. I expect you to do well!!!

Jim

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can't that weekend!

--------------------
Paul McLester

NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Register soon to get into the NASA Florida Sebring race weekend for $199, early registration ends on the 4th (Friday).

NASA Florida

Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's what we have so far:

bruce byerly
Manuel Ferro
Timothy Allen
John Adamczyk
Carl Philippe Denis
ERIC GEBHARDT
Rick Adamczyk
Jim Blaisdell
carey atkinson
Jerry Neely
David Pazdur

Let your friends know that they still have until tomorrow to register for $199 for a practice, qualifying, and race each day, and it also includes an award ceremony, and free beer and free pizza on Saturday at 5 pm!

Carey Atkinson

Region: CFR
Car #: #45
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Carey Atkinson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi all, cant wait for Seb.,looking forward to seeing you all there!

Anyone considering registering,this is an opportunity to be part of a great group.Everyone is only too happy to help you with car set-up,driving techniques, problem areas on the track...you name it.Useually i'm to busy trying to just survive the mid pack mania crashes.Its nice to race a weekend without bodywork!

John,its not to late for a career in writing! Great job on the article at 5X.

Carey

NASA Florida

Here it is, Friday already! Take advantage of the early registration fee for SM today!

Hope to see you there!

Steve

www.5xracing.com

Thanks for the compliments on the race recap! I would like to get an email from everyone with their highlights (if possible) after the race for the next one, it's hard to try and remember everyone's racing stories from the weekend...

I am glad that everyone is having a good time with what we have set up in the NASA FL Spec Miata Challenge. We used some favorite elements and formats from other popular regional series that just plain work, it seems to be working as the response has been all positive! My goal to get more people racing with NASA FL was to focus on the fun, and of course that couldn't happen without everyone supporting the series and trying us out. So, a big "Thanks!" to my director assistants for the help in putting the promoting and ideas for series together, and all that have raced with us and supported the series or myself as SM Director. So far this year has been the most fun I have had since I've started racing SM years ago, 90% of that fun has been the people and associations off the track, which definitely puts it in perspective on what this is all about.

Hope to see all of you guys at Sebring and beyond. To any new racers or current racers thinking about trying us out, I assure you now is the time to get in on this series while it's still on the ground floor. We are growing every race and the future looks really bright for the NASA FL Spec Miata Challenge to become the "boutique" racing series in Florida, one that offers a unique and highly specialized experience that you will only be able to find in NASA FL. The fun you will have at one of our race weekends will leave you with an addiction for more, just ask all of these guys that posted here!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: