Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » SM gets own run group at Sebring....

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM gets own run group at Sebring....
NASA Florida

Region: Florida Region of NASA
Car #: 711
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

For this coming weekend, the way the numbers worked, the SM group will run in the Lightning Group all by themselves.

I hope you guys don't get too lonely!

Still time to register:
Sebring Race Registration

We're looking forward to a Great Weekend!

Steve Nix

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome, can't wait for this weekend! Gonna miss passing the E30's though!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How many Miatas do you have? I need to do some testing and thought about going.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Carey Atkinson

Car #: #45
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Carey Atkinson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Uh O,
There go's my tire money!
Carey

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
How many Miatas do you have? I need to do some testing and thought about going.

Not quite sure what you mean by that, but we have a good group for just getting this thing rolling in January, but then again it doesn't matter how many cars are at a test day does it? You might get bored at our races Jamie, we don't draw the big dogs in like SCCA Sebring events do. We race hard, but we're definitely not setting Jamie Tucker like lap times at Sebring!

Small groups (10-20 cars) are more desirable to our guys, everybody has a great time hanging out with each other in the paddock (all SM racers pit together), picking up Toyo bucks (top 5 get paid), having beers and being acknowledged for their triumphs at the awards party, better chances at podium finishes, honest competitors and cars, and most importantly going home with a clean, undamaged car is what we aim for. It's definitely an alternative (relief to some) to the SCCA racing in Florida, and offers a uniquely different experience for our competitors. Essentially the car count doesn't really matter much to our guys, they are not trying to prove anything, just looking for a fun weekend of driving and choosing their on track battles. If we all wanted massive car counts we'd be racing SCCA more often.

So come on out and test at our race, I assure you that you will have a good time! If you do, be aware that the NASA rules designate you have a head and neck restraint of some sort, and your car either has a center net or head restraint seat where the SCCA rules do not.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What I meant was if it were only 3 of us it is not a lot of fun but it is still track time so if I can get there I would like to. I did see that you have 10 cars and our own run group which is great. I run a halo seat and a hans so that should not be an issue. I also have a nasa logbook if I can find it! I going to see if I can get a couple more people to come with me.
Thanks,
Jamie

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

www.5xracing.com

Cool, can't tell if someone is joking online without the use of those [Wink] faces! I'm pretty passionate about our series!

I believe the count is about 12-13 now, usually a guy or two does not make it to the race, but at least 10. Come on out and bring your friends, try us out and you might be back for more later! We have a lot of fun and it is a very laid back atmosphere. The $200 early registration price has expired, but I think it is only $83 more now. Link is above I believe.

I can get you sorted with the logbook and tech inspection if need be, let me know.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

NASA Florida

Icon 1 posted  Profile for NASA Florida   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Jamie - Wow, I hope you can make it, I've been hoping to see you at one of our events ever since I asked you the first time, 2 or 3 years ago!

We have 12 people already registered: Byerly, Ferro, Allen, R. Adamczyk, Denis, Gebhardt, J. Adamczyk, Blaisdell, Atkiknson, Neely, Pazdur, and Thomas.

Bruce Byerly is looking for help getting his 2nd car (the Miata) to the track, and might not make it. Also Denis might have a problem.

Counting you, we have about 5 others who said they MIGHT come instead of going to W. Palm Beach the next weekend.

Registration is still open, save the $50 late fee that goes into effect late afternoon on Thursday and register now at:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1116

[ 06-15-2010, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: NASA Florida ]

ARRC 2010 Champ

Well do! I think there is going to be two of us!
Thanks,
Jamie

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

NASA Florida

And we just got registrations from Chris Burson and Denise Stubbs. One will be running in SM on Sat., the other will be running on Sun.

Share those cars!

Oh, their other cars are (2) Porsche 944's and a monstrously beautiful Porsche 911 RSR.

This is going to be great in SM! Jamie, from what I hear, I think your times are going to be hard to beat, but I will bet you will love the competition which will be right on your tail, just waiting for ONE mistake! So don't stay up too late partying on Friday and Saturday nights!

Steve

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by NASA Florida:
So don't stay up too late partying on Friday and Saturday nights!

Steve

I'll believe that when I see it.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: