Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » NASA FL Homstead Nov. 6-7

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA FL Homstead Nov. 6-7
Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ahh...the cooler weather of Fall is here...reminds me of pumpkins, turkey and RACING!!!!

That's right, it's that time again, time to start thinking about our next event...Nov. 6-7 at Homestead http://drivenasafl.com/speed/content/homestead

Please use this link to sign up https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1143
Please sign up before Oct. 30th to get the best pricing.
And any new racer that joins NASA will also recieve a $50 rebate towards their Comp. lic.

Just a couple minor details and changes...

There is NOT going to be a Friday trailer drop off, whereas in all past events since January we have had one. If you plan to arrive Friday night, please prepare to either park your trailer outside the entrance gate in the grassy area adjacent to the high bank at the south end of the track (by the guard shack we sign in at), at your hotel, or just show up on Saturday morning. We are sorry this inconvenience, but this will hopefully only be a one time issue. We expect to continue Fri. Evening trailer drop in Jan. 2011.

RV camping and staying overnight at the track must be done outside the entrance by the guard shack, no camping is allowed inside the track all weekend. This is another thing we lobbied for and will try to accomplish inside the track camping for all future race events. During the day, RV's may enter the track for the event.

I hope to see everyone there....

Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
nasaflsm@gmail.com
727-641-7603

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Adamczyk's are in! Can't wait to get back down to HMS's short course and go flat out through turn 10! It's the "Roebling Turn 9" of Florida, love it! Also can't wait to party with everyone again, who's up for a drinking trip to Key Largo on Saturday night?

Also looks like there's an addendum to the previously stated "no camping" rule. Got this off of the event info link up top:

RV camping...PLEASE read this carefully:
Friday night: The track allows RV camping outside the paddock adjacent to the paddock entry gate guard station in the grassy area. The paved roadway must be kept clear for 2 way traffic at all times. There is no charge for overnight camping in this location either Friday or Saturday nights.
Saturday night: Overnight RV camping inside the paddock on Sat (only) can be arranged under the following conditions set by the track mangement....You MUST inform the gate guard upon entry to the paddock on Sat morning to request Sat overnight RV camping arrangements & remain in the paddock overnight. The track charges a camping fee of $25 for this service. That fee will be paid directly to the track representative on Saturday. Questions regarding RV hookup locations & paddock access hours on Sat after 7 PM should be addressed to the track respresentative before payment. Thank you for your cooperation!

Looking good! Hope to see all of the regulars out there, and maybe some newcomers?

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think there may be a couple of NASA rookies with the big X on the back of their Autotechnik SM's down there come Nov,

Take it easy on them, I heard one of them arrived on a raft not long ago and was in the headlines Cuba to Miami in 15 mins.

-

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
I think there may be a couple of NASA rookies with the big X on the back of their Autotechnik SM's down there come Nov,

Take it easy on them, I heard one of them arrived on a raft not long ago and was in the headlines Cuba to Miami in 15 mins.

-

Nah, that's not the one... This is:

-

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well than I think I will load up the truck and head on down.

Looks like these boys know something about the weather that we don't. Now what type of rain tyres ya got there.

John would be up for a trip down to Jimmy Johnson's place for a cold one.

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like Cliff and Alex are developing their new Spec Miata's in anticipation of the great "Spec Miata Split of 2011". I think the class is going to be called "SMW" ("w" is for "water"). They were tested and developed at Daytona this past year, you saw the pictures. It is very obvious that the yellow car is being developed by Cliff, one look at those bling wheels and it's a dead give away. The black one is obviously Alex's, the parts were used from his old 94, it has a center seat just like a formula car, most likely a star mazda with a miata body installed over the chassis. Now, if we can only figure out a way to eliminate the illegal pump assemblies in them. You guys are tards... Bring on the rookies, we'll get them drunk on saturday night if they're too good!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mitch Taylor:
Well than I think I will load up the truck and head on down.

Looks like these boys know something about the weather that we don't. Now what type of rain tyres ya got there.

John would be up for a trip down to Jimmy Johnson's place for a cold one.

It'll be good to see the green machine back out on the track, we've missed you at the Sebring races.

I'm always up for a trip down to anywhere for a cold one, even if it is at a roundy round racers joint!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

someone getting Michael drunk

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

cpdenis
Good Life Member

Region: 11
Car #: 09
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cpdenis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In order to properly welcome the newbies rookies Cliffy and Alex, trophies, points, beer and contingency dollars should be awarded to finishers 4th and beyond so that they also get a chance to enjoy the spoils of driving Nasa. Let the top 3 just shake hands and walk away, they're already so used to getting the prizes.

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mike LL:
someone getting Michael drunk

You should have seen him at the mexican restaurant when he went out with us at Sebring! He's gonna be a great addition to the spec miata community! Just kidding Mike, he's not like me when I was a teenager. All he drank was water.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Mike LL

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's all he drinks, sometimes gatorade

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

www.5xracing.com

He is definitely not like most 14 year olds, that is for damn sure! Glad to have both of you around the paddock and racing with us, it's a good low stress, safe environment for him to be in where everyone knows he is a young guy and looks out for him. And I am sure the win he picked up in September was nice for his self esteem too, showed him that hard work and dedication pays off. On that note, he'll probably hate CRF SCCA events at first, fighting for 15th place after he is used to scoring top fives and even wins with NASA!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5x Racing:
Looks like Cliff and Alex are developing their new Spec Miata's in anticipation of the great "Spec Miata Split of 2011". I think the class is going to be called "SMW" ("w" is for "water"). They were tested and developed at Daytona this past year, you saw the pictures. It is very obvious that the yellow car is being developed by Cliff, one look at those bling wheels and it's a dead give away. The black one is obviously Alex's, the parts were used from his old 94, it has a center seat just like a formula car, most likely a star mazda with a miata body installed over the chassis. Now, if we can only figure out a way to eliminate the illegal pump assemblies in them. You guys are tards... Bring on the rookies, we'll get them drunk on saturday night if they're too good!

I admit... I LOLed...

Cliffy and I will be there with our 99s, we will both be doing data and video (we haven't quite figured out how to make the ones without pop up headlights handle good yet) and would be happy to share our findings and help anyone else that has a datalogger or video.

If you have a Traqmate we should be able to overlay and compare everything (such as how down on power Cliff's cars are) etc. Should be fun!

www.5xracing.com

Good, that's what it's all about right?

Jim Blaisdell and myself use the RLC data system, and my father will be using one for the first time at Homestead too. We were all planning on doing a data session open to everyone that was interested in participating, it will be good with two types of systems, both the traqmate and the RLC. It will also be good because we have a lot of NASA FL guys that have bought SM's and are now racing them instead of their other cars, so they will want to learn as much as they can.

Maybe we can plan on a formal data review and Q&A session on Sunday morning after the racers meeting. We can bring our laptops to the media center and have a seminar of sorts. I am sure everyone will think this is awesome and will want to see how they compare to us.

Glad to see you guys are coming down, especially Cliff. Don't forget that all of the SM's usually park in the garages closest to pit out, that's where the party is at!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Jim Blaisdell

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow...Our Homestead race is shaping up to be " the Mayhem in Miami" (say with Muhammad Ali voice)...

Complete with the infamous:

Cliffy "Chains/down on power"
Alex "Cuban Missile"
Chris F. "Mr. OP/Surfer Dude"
John A. "Czyk'in Out"
Rick A. "Mr. Badass"
Jim B. "T-Rex"
Tim A. "Muffins"
Michael L. "The Kid"
Vic L. "Badfast"

All we need now is the "Flipster(mr.No Personality)","Shake n Bake", "Knuckles", "Swede" and "Sugar T!t's"...and it's a full house.

Gonna be a great time...I especially like the plans for a data-share get-together. With Cliff, Alex and Chris all in 99' cars with Traqmates...everyone should be able to help one another...(beat John A.).

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Blaisdell:
Wow...Our Homestead race is shaping up to be " the Mayhem in Miami" (say with Muhammad Ali voice)...

Complete with the infamous:

Cliffy "Chains/down on power"
Alex "Cuban Missile"
Chris F. "Mr. OP/Surfer Dude"
John A. "Czyk'in Out"
Rick A. "Mr. Badass"
Jim B. "T-Rex"
Tim A. "Muffins"
Michael L. "The Kid"
Vic L. "Badfast"

All we need now is the "blonde, gimp with no personality"!!!!

Gonna be a great time...I especially like the plans for a data-share get-together. With Cliff, Alex and Chris all in 99' cars with Traqmates...everyone should be able to help one another...(beat John A.).

[laughing] ! Muffins! With all of these aliases we should start a sitcom since I finally got video and am using youtube again.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Mike LL

Michael has Traqmate, maybe you guys can show him how to use it, I'm too old [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:

If you have a Traqmate we should be able to overlay and compare everything (such as how down on power Cliff's cars are) etc. Should be fun!

I am going to try and bring my 1.6 and my 99', for those that don't already know the term "Cuban Missle Crisis" was not really about Cuba,
it was about a 99' SM that resides in the country of "Miami". [thumbsup]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Anyone got the current entry list?

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

as of yesterday am

http://drivenasafl.com/speed/sites/default/files/downloads/Entry%20List11-10A.pdf

11 cars

Jim Blaisdell

I know of (3) more racers who are planning to sign-up. And there are still a few regular (procrastinaters) that will wait til the Oct. 30th deadline to register.
I expect a 15-18 car field...or more hopefully.

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Mike LL

Michael will be there, I just had to wait to see what he is driving. Looks like a 99

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
NASA FL

Jim Blaisdell

More and more 99's everyday!!!
It's like a virus....just kidding of course!!!

Looks like I need to start building my 99' sooner than later.

[ 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: Jim Blaisdell ]

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Jim Blaisdell

What is the most important thing going on this weekend???......No, it’s NOT Halloween and all the costume parties and drinking.
It’s the deadline for signing up to race with NASA FL at Homestead Nov. 6-7!!!
Remember you have until Saturday OCT. 30th 6PM to sign-up and only pay $249...after that the price goes up.

Here’s the link with all the event details: http://drivenasafl.com/speed/content/homestead

Here’s the link to the $249 pricing: https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1143

Remember if you need tires,track side support will be provided be Performance Tread.....please contact Jimmy Platis at jim@performancetread.com
Please allow 10 days lead time for shaved Toyo’s.

Well, it looks like a dozen or so of you, have already sign-up....the rest of you procrastinators better hurry up!!!

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: