Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » Nasa FL Homestead Sat. Results

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Nasa FL Homestead Sat. Results
Jim Blaisdell

Region: 83
Car #: 65
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is the crew that finished up front...

1st Alex Bolanos
2nd Cliff Blanchard
3rd Victor Leo
4th Pat Wehmeyer
5th John Adamczyk

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
NASA FL Spec Miata Series Director
5XRacing Team Driver

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cars will be faster today, its freezing outside! Will the track have grip though? That's the key!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jim Blaisdell

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Blaisdell     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sunday Results...

1st Alex Bolanos (99)
2nd Clif Blanchard (1.6) (still down on power)
3rd John Adamczyk (1.6)
4th Victor Leo (1.6)
5th Pat Wehmeyer (1.6)

Interesting note...Cliff (DOP) had fastest lap in both races. Both him and John A.'s 1.6 had no trouble keeping up with Alex's new 99 build.
94-97 cars STILL need help.
All in all it was a great time, with no unnecessary car contact or damage.
See everyone in several weeks at PBIR Dec. 4-5..registration is open...https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1149

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had a great time this weekend, I had more than my hands full trying to keep up with that 99' though, I consider Alex one of the best in SM in the country right now, and it felt good to be able keep him and the Blue Angels in my sight. [Wink]

As far as fast lap goes, I asked Miami's own cuban version of "Ricky Bobby" if he thought I could win one someday, his reply:

"Bury that down deep, real deep and let's not bring it up again"

So at least setting fast lap put a smile on my face, afterall, I was in a SM2 and everyone knows they can't beat a real SM... [Big Grin]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only in Miami can you watch the Blue Angels while driving a race car.

As far as unnecessary contact, my son had some with the tires heading on to the front straight all weekend, and the tires finally got him on Sunday. More bodywork.

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

CarbonRacer

Car #: 31
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CarbonRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wish I had the same power as a junkyard motor and a good transmission as someone (DOP) did this weekend. I'm just sayin, not mentioning any names.

Thanks again (Speedracer 1 and 2) for the help working on the car. Need a couple more seconds to keep them in view.

CarbonRacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for CarbonRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think next time I will swap motors or add weight in the trunk when they are not looking. [banghead]

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Fun weekend, it was pretty badass to coincidentally have an air show going on right over the track! Glad to have some of the big dogs in FL come hand out free ass kickings but be willing to share their data and show everyone why they are so fast, it reminded me how much harder I need to work on both my car and driving skills to keep up with them! Enjoyed having beers with everyone at the awards ceremony on Saturday night, it's a great time to get to know everyone we race with better, very cool people in our community indeed!

Who's going to PBIR in December? I think it's the only race in FL that weekend, good time to set some record lap times in the cold weather, no?

NASA FL Spec Miata Racing is building up and looking good for 2011, we have about 6-7 new SM racers from within NASA FL alone! I would like to encourage everyone in the Southeast to check out our schedule in 2011 and try to make it out to one our our events. They're affordable, yield good track time, and most of all keep things lighthearted and FUN!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Blaisdell:
Sunday Results...

But there was necessary car contact or damage? What kind is that? I am very curious.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

Jim Blaisdell

There was some "gentle" rubbing at the start of Sunday's race in the horseshoe, nothing major, just three cars wide thru the turn. And a couple racers had off track "agricultural" incidents, but no major damage.

I guess none of it's necessary...but...it is racing!!!

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great weekend indeed. Always fun to come race with you guys and I think I speak for Cliffy in that we will be trying to make it to more events. Although we didn't get to do a video session, we did review some data with those that dropped by our garage and I think it was a learning experience for all.

Also, excellent job on impound and tech/weight... it's important to keep everyone honest.

P.S. The 1.8 was helped with a 47mm plate that NASA is not recognizing... I will be running my 1.8 at December if I can get it together in time [Wink]

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Cajun Miata Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Blaisdell:
Sunday Results...

But there was necessary car contact or damage? What kind is that? I am very curious.
I think bump drafting is necessary contact sometimes! I know Mr Tucker agrees whenever I qualified in front of him at Moroso/PBIR!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

www.5xracing.com

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:
Great weekend indeed. Always fun to come race with you guys and I think I speak for Cliffy in that we will be trying to make it to more events. Although we didn't get to do a video session, we did review some data with those that dropped by our garage and I think it was a learning experience for all.

Also, excellent job on impound and tech/weight... it's important to keep everyone honest.

P.S. The 1.8 was helped with a 47mm plate that NASA is not recognizing... I will be running my 1.8 at December if I can get it together in time [Wink]

That was a light tech impound this time Alex, last race we checked plates and did a hood up on all cars after qualifying. I am so proud to say that we've never had to DQ anyone, everyone that has run with us has been very honest and considerate to their other drivers. Thanks to all for that!

Sharing data and driving tips is one of the best things to do in a class like this, it takes a lot of the "he cheats" finger pointing out of it when you can show somebody on your data that you're going through a turn or more at 5 mph faster then they are why your lap times are so much faster. Video is very revealing of skilled driving too, we were watching video down in our garage during lunch on Sunday. My Replay XD camera system is easy enough to use that I can be watching video only minutes after getting out of the car, everyone gathered around to see my lines and "agricultural engineering" in turn 10!

NASA rules should be coming out soon, I am hoping that we will see the same restrictor on 94-97 cars but without the extra 25 lbs the SCCA tacked on. Although, I'd hate to see your 94 car show up again, especially with a bigger hole in the restrictor, that beast needs no help at all!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Jim Blaisdell

I agree 110% about data sharing comments...serves several purposes...most all of them good.

1) Dispells a lot of the negaitive comments sometimes made towards the faster drivers.

2) Replaces that negativity with factual data that re-focuses peoples energy on positive thinking about their own driving skills, or lack of.

3) The transperancy of shared data helps create a more competitive racing field. With everyone closer to one another, pushing each other to improve.

4) Helps new racers come up to speed much quicker. Keeps them excited about seeing continued improvement and reduces some of the plateau-ing effect that happens.

NASA FL SM will continue to build upon these data sharing sessions at all of our future races. It is important to us that people feel like they are getting something more from racing with us.

--------------------
Jim Blaisdell
5XRacing Team Driver

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

IMHO it is the constant pushing of the "threshold" that continues to produce faster times, I know that most all of the AT crew push and help one another to go faster each time we go to a track, regional, National or just 2 friends having some fun at Homestead. Alex really should send a TY letter to the Blue Angels for Sundays race, Next time I will watch the air show when we are done racing. [help]

I was shocked by the fast times a few of you were running with the lack of "pro-motors", front level car prep, and data input. I know of 3 already that with a few tweaks would have been challenging the "Cuban Missle" for the win. [thumbsup]

I look forward to running some more events with Nasa FL in the future. Until then I hope Victor, the 15yr old Kid Phenom and the rest of you keep Farmer Pat in line, and out of the fields!! [fight]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

-

+

-

=

-
 -

[Big Grin]

CarbonRacer

I think the reason why someone was watching the Blue Angels is because it was reminding him of how much Up On Power his car has. [yep]

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quite a site seeing jets coming across your windscreen when going into T10 at homestead.

Cliff, Alex thanks for all the pointers and the intro to the Traq-mate. You guys up the game in spec miata to a whole new level.

Shout out to Victor and John A for not plowing into me in T11 on the spin.

Great weekend, the sm people are the best when it comes to helpin out fellow racers.

Cliffy Chains

Now I assume from all the pictures above that this is a rendition of my Race/Rally style of driving??? [rolling on floor laughin]

My question for Alex is. Was the fist pumping and celebrating while I was offroading really needed ?? [banghead]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Mike LL

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cliff
I liked your three fingered fist pumping that you returned to Alex. Also Michael is only 14. Thanks again for going over the data with him.

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
Now I assume from all the pictures above that this is a rendition of my Race/Rally style of driving??? [rolling on floor laughin]

My question for Alex is. Was the fist pumping and celebrating while I was offroading really needed ?? [banghead]

I was uh... cheering at the uh... Blue Angels...

...yeah that's it...

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: