Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southeast » Info for the new race season!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Info for the new race season!
Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey folks,

Just starting to get into the swing of things with the new season coming up and wanted to get some info out to you guys…

1. We have a new contingency sponsor for our class.

I’m proud to announce that Peter Mansolillo and InsuranceQuick (http://www.loansquick.com/Insurancequick) will be the new Title Sponsor for the SE Region Spec Miata Enduro Championship Series. We’re still working out how to use the money so if you have any input I would love to hear it. Pete will also be providing some giveaway items and possibly some support for some parties (BEER!) and food etc throughout the year. Please support those who support us, contact InsuranceQuick for a quote on your car insurance!

2. NASA National has upped the insurance level for all participants – From the NASA website:

NASA Insurance Increase
RICHMOND, CA (January 1, 2008) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that it has secured an important new benefit for members participating in closed course track and rally events for 2008. NASA's Excess Accident Medical coverage has now been increased to $1,000,000 from the previous level of $100,000. This coverage is extremely rare in motorsports nationwide and is even more rare at the amateur level making this a significant advantage for drivers participating in NASA programs. Details of NASA's insurance plans can be found on NASA's website at http://www.nasaproracing.com/insurance/summary.pdf.

I know this was of some concern for some racers so I hope this helps set your mind at ease. As I understand it, this is the same level that SCCA provides.

3. Awesome new contingency from MAZDA. From the Website:

Mazda Provides Lucrative Awards For NASA Racers
RICHMOND, CA (January 11, 2008) — The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce an extensive new contingency program for drivers competing in Mazda vehicles in 2008 worth nearly $500,000. Rewards are available for drivers in NASA’s competition racing and Time Trial programs. The regional program will pay up to $1000 to the top driver ($1200 if a local champion chooses to attend the NASA Championships presented by Toyo Tires at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course) and will pay cash rewards down to 5th place for year-end finishes in each NASA Chapter. Mazda has posted a very generous payout for the podium finishers at the NASA Championships boasting a total cash value of $8750 per class where the champion can walk away with a $4,500 award. Mazda owners also have the chance to vie for two National Championships since many of the cars fit well into more than one NASA class. Thus, with the right combination and focus, a Mazda owner could walk away with $9000 if they won 2 titles!

“This is a remarkable program both in its breadth and the amounts of cash that it provides to racers in NASA’s regional and national programs,” said Ryan Flaherty NASA’s National Chairman. “Mazda’s strong support here reaffirms the reason that Mazda is the most popular brand in NASA and we look forward to seeing our racers enjoy the benefits of this generous program.”

More details on the Mazda contingency program and requirements can be found at http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html

I’m happy to see that Mazda is starting to support the regional programs as well as the Nats.

4. As alluded to above there will be an Enduro Championship series this year. 6 Three hour enduros throughout the year. I don’t think they have finalized the format or such but the best bet for learning about them is the nasaforums.com SE site.

5. The Schedule:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/schedule.jsp

6. Remember, some rules have changed so make sure you are up to date with the rules on the site (99 shock hats, weights etc)

More info as we go along, but I hope to see all of you guys out there this year. It should be another huge growth year for NASA SM in the SE.

Later,

Jason

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I also want to welcome back OPM Autosports and Tom Fowler as contingency sponsors for the SE Region Spec Miata series...

They will again be providing a weekend of Trackside support or a full pre-race setup to the winner of the regional championship.

Make sure you thank Tom the next time you see him!

Jason

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: