Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Central » 105dB limit at Autobahn

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 105dB limit at Autobahn
Glenn B Verified Driver

Car #: 76
Year : 1992
Icon 5 posted  Profile for Glenn B     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just purchased a spec miata and am planning to run it in NASA HPDE at Autobahn this weekend (7/22-7/23). The car has a Dynaflow muffler and I would classify it as fairly loud. However, I'm new to this racing game and don't have a feel for how loud 105dB is. Just wondering if I should be concerned.

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's very loud. I think they bounce you at 103db at the Runoffs, as I recall.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

105 dB would be akin to Toyota Atlantic or other high revving pure race engines. Its not impossible for a street engine to get there, but its probably rare. I have seen SM's at 100dB many times and every now and then at 102-3dB. Having done Sound Control at a dozen or so races I would tell you that you are gonna be just fine with the dynaflow muffler. As always though YMMV.

db

Glenn B Verified Driver

Car #: 76
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn B     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the info. I've since learned it's much louder inside the car than out. So, I'm sure I'm not even close.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: