Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Central » NASA National Championships

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: NASA National Championships
Rrrracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
The artist formerly known as fast

Region: Indy
Year : Thinking about a 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rrrracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

29 drivers registered so far... a good turnout for sure, who wants to throw down some deep and dirty smack talk? [Smile]

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can I even if I'm not going anymore?

I really should win the lottery.

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Gary S. Verified Driver

Region: Steel Cities
Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary S.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I did take note of one "Shane Benson" on the entry list. I didn't think turbos were legal in SM????

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm stoked to be a part of the inaugural NASA Championship. NASA has put together a contingency package that rivals the Runoffs, and has provided a real alternative for those of us that for whatever reason aren't going to Topeka.

No shortage of competition. Should be a fiercely contested battle. My goal is to finish in the top 10 and that won't be easy.

And now some trash (just playin). . . Mellman and Murdick collide in turn 1 on the first lap. . . again. . . blaming each other. . . Joynt, Schultz, and Stasiowski try to simultaneously apex the carrousel. . . with poor results. . . leaving Domont, Benson, Simonson, and Guthrie to battle for the lead. . . when Underdog Denny drives to the front. . . "where'd he come from". . . zzzzzzzzz, zzzzz, zz, huh, wha, I'm awake, I'm awake.

Hey Chump, why ain't you coming to Ohio, and bringing some of your cohorts with you?

This event should only get bigger with time. Can't wait.

Denny [thumbsup]

[ 09-01-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: d mathias ]

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well, at first 3-4 of us were planning on going. First Jeffrey wrecked his car, then after looking at my bank account, it seemed much smarter to actually try to work some rather than spend money I didn't have. It's just a long tow and alot of hotel time.

I'm very disapointed not to be going. It looks like it's gonna be a blast.

I'll be expecting some race reports from the track....

Jason

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thriller better represent DC! [fight]

Marc Cefalo will win SM2 (no pressure)! [nope]

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny,
My crystal ball looks erriely alot like yours but I see Murdick colliding with Schultz in turn one, not me, and you and I battling until the end, with you second [Smash]

It's a shame we didn't make 30 cars, the prize money really jumps up from there.

I predict that Eric Meyer is LAST!!

Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

EricMeyer

Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EricMeyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric Meyer Racing announces $5,000 contingency for NASA Championships in SM. Eligible drivers much take out Howard "nitrous" Mellman on any odd practice, qualifying or race laps and run a "No gay Miata driver's who sell scrap brass allowed" sticker on their rear bumper.

--------------------
Eric Meyer
Black # 45 SM
MADBREW Racing Team
ericmeyer@msn.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]
Eric, you are too damn funny!

Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

bpanther Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA - Rocky Mountain
Car #: 16
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpanther   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We're there.... White #16 We'll also take a shot at a podium in PTD.

What is the count up to now? 40+?

--------------------
Dave Balingit
Elizabeth, Co

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Meyer,

I guess I'm gonna be a dark horse, so sign me up for the Mellman contingency. [rolling on floor laughin]

E

Damn Eric, I thought we were tight! [nope]

Howard

--------------------

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does the Mellman contingency apply to tow vehicle punting on I-71? [Wink]

I'm not running, but I'm coming down to be a "Compliance Consultant" to the NASA Tech force. (I'm allowed to say that, right???)

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Howard, Apparently it's my best shot at $5k. I'll bring ya some stickers. Meyer didn't say that you couldn't take yourself out!!

If your not interested, if you have any spins on odd laps, just tell Eric that I did it. [Big Grin]

Eric

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Bennett's taken up consulting now, eh?!

Honestly, that's pretty cool....They couldn't have picked a better person!

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And then everybody else stops and lets the nice guy from Vermont lead a lap, never knowing he has hidden some of the woodchuck joy juice in a secret shampoo bottle in the carryon luggage, and can fly down the back stretch...... Although his driving leaves something to chance, the 99 sm manages a 10th place just in the nick of time to pull down that $25 Hawk contingency money!!!!

Tony Senese
SM 99

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 10 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did someone mention tow vehicle fun? According to Dr. Endodontist my swaying red trailer at 85mph clears the road. What is Mellman towing with and where can I get my stickers? Sorry Howard, nothing personal.

As far as Bennett "consulting" (he used the quotes himself), Post and I just call it bull [censored] !

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Rrrracer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
The artist formerly known as fast

Year : Thinking about a 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rrrracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Daaaammmn all we need is one more driver to hit that magic #30... money's bigger... Jason, you sure you can't go?! [Smile]

S

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Entries closed.

I didn't qualify.

Can I be "Jason" and play?

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MBennett:

I'm not running, but I'm coming down to be a "Compliance Consultant" to the NASA Tech force. (I'm allowed to say that, right???)

Mark
Are you going to bust Mellman for all the stuff we told Thorton put in his motor like we talked about? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[rolling on floor laughin]
Like Mark said, "the plan in coming together..."

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Drago:
quote:

Mark
Are you going to bust Mellman for all the stuff we told Thorton put in his motor like we talked about? [Big Grin]

You mean the 5th and 6th cylinders? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mark

I'm not worried, I will be running Drago's old 94 instead. Should have no problem at tech.
Thanks EZ for the ride.
6 cylinders? I only counted 5!
Howard

--------------------

Remember my car is white using the number 11.
Howard

--------------------

EricMeyer

Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EricMeyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Mellman contingency applies to punting Howard's car, Howard's trailer, tow vehicle, Howard's tiny Paris Hilton looking dog, Howard walking to the porta poddy at the track, Howard while smoking a cigar and just plain taking Howard out anytime anyone sees him.

--------------------
Eric Meyer
Black # 45 SM
MADBREW Racing Team
ericmeyer@msn.com

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mark

I'm not worried, I will be running Drago's old 94 instead. Should have no problem at tech.
Thanks EZ for the ride.
6 cylinders? I only counted 5!
Howard

You got me on that one! lmfao! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

I have already seen the first Meyer contingency sticker this past weekend on Eric Budwig's car at the SCCA regional at Mid Ohio.
 -

Howard

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

I have one extra (in silver) made up for the highest bidder. [rolling on floor laughin]

Other colors are available, if you catch me before I leave on Wednesday. [Razz]

BudwiT [Big Grin]

The Mellman contingency sticker.
 -

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

The abbreviated version was my sister's idea. [duck]

Howard, what's the Mellman contingency pay for taking out Meyer? [burst]

Gary S. Verified Driver

Region: Steel Cities
Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary S.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll take any color that works on yellow.

Gary

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary S.:
I'll take any color that works on yellow.

Gary

Do you actually plan on being anywhere but out front, Gary?

I'll bring you a yellow version for the back glass or a dark color to contrast the yellow. You can decide later whether to keep the "scrap br", depending on which contingency is more lucrative!!

The Mellman contingency doesn't pay anything since Meyer has never finished a race, ever!

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
The Mellman contingency doesn't pay anything since Meyer has never finished a race, ever!

Ooooh, now that's cold!

But probably deserved after the "paris hilton looking dog" comment. [rolling on floor laughin]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Summary of Tuesdays open test day. 25 cars signed up, MAYBE 10 took laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay39G0IzVII

Never did get to the dry line, but now I'm practicing my rain dance. [Big Grin] Meyer was testing today. Remarkable amount of grass areas being roped off for people that are "on the way". See everyone tonight!!

Eric

Large member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric, you are cheating "death" out there!

I am gonna call you Eric Bondoman if you keep that act up.

Remember, you can spin across the gravel trap from the chicane to the backstretch, just don't let the marshalls see you,,,trust me, I know! [Smile]

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Top 5 results

qual friday
Mellman 1.46.048
Stasiowski 1.46.278
Simomson 1.46.447
Budwit 1.46485
Domont 1.46.582

1st Qual race Friday
Mellman 1.45.837
Stasiowski 1.45.975
Budwit 1.46.277
Cefalo 1.46.018 SM2
Schultz 1.46008
Joynt 1.46420

Howard

--------------------

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How is Jim Thill doing????

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Large member

Jim Thill 1:50.224 22nd in qual race.

What course is being used, chicane or straight through?

NASA website results are hard to read with all the blinking and winking.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

thill qual 14th race 19

chicane

howard

--------------------

thill qual 14th race 19

chicane

howard

--------------------

thill qual 14th race 19

chicane

howard

--------------------

Large member

http://drivenasa.com/liveresults/liveresult.php?run=259

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: