Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Central » mid ohio

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: mid ohio
pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone who is planning on running the Mid Ohio race using a SCCA lis will be required to have a Dr. signed health statement or you will not be permitted to race.

Pat Slattery

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is this something new?

Are you saying that the medical form for your license isn't good enough?

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think they might take a copy if you have it but it cant be older than two years. They wont take your SCCA Lis as face value that you have had a medical exam.

Not sure of the logic, since SCCA requires that you have a medical exam and the form signed by your doctor. Seems that if they will take the SCCA's word about your driving ability they should take the medical also but they don't

The last time we ran NASA in 2005 there was not this issue, as long as you had a SCCA Regional or National lis. you were good to go.

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like someone at Mid-O is still a little upset about loosing the runoffs. [duck]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Veteran Member

No this is a NASA issue.

pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a bunch of carp

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds fishy to me. [Wink]

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just get a NASA comp license and you're golden.

By the way NASA's license fee is about 1/2 that of SCCA's.

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Boemler:
Sounds fishy to me. [Wink]

jim

Jim, I didn't want to offend anyone with the "c" word [shame] ...you know how touchy people are these days.

[censored]

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Terry Whitlock Verified Driver

Region: BUCCANEER
Car #: 23 SSM, 36 SM
Year : 1992, 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Whitlock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to see NASA go this direction. I have always viewed NASA as a competitor friendly organization that tried to accomodate as many types of cars and competitiors as possible. While the cost of membership is not great, the requirement may keep away some participants. Lacking another explanation, it would seem rather clear that this is intended to drive more competitors to acquire a NASA license/membership. While NASA may get more membership revenue it may lose more in fewer entry fees.

--------------------
Terry Whitlock

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blame the insurance company, and the people that defraud them ... blame lawyers, or bad parenting, or high fructose corn syrup ... but don't blame the sanctioning body.

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ask yourself, when was the last time SCCA accepted a NASA license?

I'm guessing NASA has evolved to the point where they have enough 'regulars' that they don't have to bend over backwards to attract entrants (my opinion, not NASA's).

(27 SMs so far for 1st Mid-O race [thumbsup] )

Veteran Member

Its not about getting a Lis, just a medical exam on short notice is my issue, but if you want to race you will do what you got to do. Just giving everyone a heads up so they dont get disapointed if they show up with out it.

Pat

--------------------

Arrow Karts

TSouth Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincinnati
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TSouth     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Pat, Doctor's appointment this Wednesday! [thumbsup]

rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm the NASA OH/IN Series Director and I have no idea what your talking about. If this is somehow a NASA thing, that's news to me.

Greg S.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It seems to me that the NASA insurance company has them auditing everything to make sure that all of the racers are in compliance with their licensing requirements.

I started getting e-mails last month that I was on a "bad boy" list & that I needed to get everything straightened out with the central office by April 1st. It's actually a pretty humorous story, but I won't go into the details here.

The e-mails made it clear that you could run all of the HPDEs you want without a license/medical, but you had to have everything on file if you wanted to race. The shortcoming of an SCCA license is that your medical is assumed, while your medical expiration date is actually on the NASA license.

Eric

Veteran Member

That is how we found out, we are on the "bad boy list" also.

Greg, check with the lady that does the registrations and she can clue you in.

pat slattery

--------------------

Arrow Karts

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NASA needs to see a Doctor's exam. The SCCA exam will do. Just because you have a SCCA license is not enough, you need the exam. I went thru this last year.
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: