Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Central » CENTRAL

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CENTRAL
pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No post for 9 months, is this division really that boring? [Roll Eyes]

Pat Slattery

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pat:
Apparently we are!
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Dennis Brown Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Indy
Car #: 55
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Brown     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We are all out working two or three jobs to pay for tires to run on our cheese grater tracks up here. We have no time to post!!!

Patrick Strehl Verified Driver

Car #: 95
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Patrick Strehl   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry Pat, I've been slacking on the job. Although I would have lost a couple positions, we missed you and Dennis at Mid-Ohio. Rick, It was a blast, I hope I don't spend the entire season sniffing your fumes!!! Here you go:

Great Lakes SM Race Report Mid-Ohio April 2009
Well boys and girls, the SM season opener at Mid-Ohio and tax day are both in the record books. Tax day was cold and rainy just like Fridayís test and tune. We spent the day slipping and sliding all over the track and for some of us the grass as well. With a few rookies and drivers new to the track the beach was popular and some of the drivers left their marks on the tire walls. I managed to do a four spin pirouette down the back straight without leaving the track, ďcompletelyĒ. Too bad I didnít have the camera on.
As the sun rose Saturday morning, the rain had moved on, but boy was it cold. The overnight lows were in the 20ís and the track was cold as ice. David Spencer said something like itís not even worth going out for practice the track is too cold. I went out anyway because I certainly need more practice then he does. The track was cold, but the new Toyo R888s warm up a lot faster than the RA1s and I got some grip after a few slippery laps.
This was a bonus weekend for some of us with 2 races on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Thanks NASA, what a great idea. You could have raced on Saturday, got your points and still made it home for church on Sunday.
The first race on Saturday reviled a new pole sitter for the new-year, as Jeff Davidson ran a fastest lap of 148.73 in qualifying. John Gutherie and Brian Murdick werenít far behind with laps of 149.3 and 149.9 respectively. Jeff held his advantage and took the field from pole to podium with the first SM win of his career. Great Job Jeff!!! Murdick was able to take Gutherie posting the fastest lap of the race in lap 9 with a 147.3. They finished that way with Murdick taking 2nd and Gutherie a close 3rd. We also had a few rookies starting with the ink still wet on their comp licensesí. Lara Korth, T.J. Graven, and Jay Newman all finished their first official race.
The second race on Saturday started the drivers in the same qualifying positions, but with a very different outcome. This time Brian Murdick took the podium beating Jeff Davidson by more than a second. They were followed by a newcomer to the track Steve Scheifler.
Sunday started out much warmer then Saturday and again the track fairy blessed us with a dry day. SM racers picked up their pace with times in the mid to low 1:40s. Qualifying put the newcomer Steve Schiefler on the pole with a 146.4 a full second faster than home town hero Brian Murdick. David Sencer humbly took the third spot for the start.
The race showed Schiefler had the line down as he led the field across the finish line for his first win at Mid-Ohio. Way to go Steve!!! He was followed by Brian Murdick. David Spencer was third taking the Podium for the first time this year.
If you missed the Race craft session held on Friday night by Bryan Cohn, it was awesome. We learned a lot about passing techniques in a race. Also, the SM group had lunch at the big brown bus and got the pick Shane Bensonís (AIM Tuning) brain about car set up. We also had some fun off the track, but what happens at the track stays at the track. If you didnít make it you might not understand.
This is going to be a reoccurring race weekend report, so Iíd love your input. I plan to have this report out by the Friday after the event, so get it in early. Points will be posted soon, so check out our web site next week to see the standings.
Donít forget to sign up early for Putnam Park as we are limiting the car count to make it more fun on the track. We will be holding more tech sessions and Iím buying lunch again on Saturday for the car set up session.

Here is a link to the seasons points http://www.nasagreatlakes.com/pdf/points/2009/gl_race_points.pdf

See you at the track!
Patrick Strehl
Great Lakes SM Series Director
502-552-4686

--------------------

Patrick Strehl Verified Driver

Car #: 95
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Patrick Strehl   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris Williams took 3rd on Sunday, not David Spencer. Sorry about the mistake!

Patrick Strehl
Great Lakes SM series director
502-552-4686

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: