Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » THill this weekend, who's in

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: THill this weekend, who's in
Justin Ross

Region: san fran
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Justin Ross     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

so its this weekend, who's in so far?

--------------------
Evil Genius Racing 4 Life!!!!!!!!!
Yes, John Really Does Sign People For That Long Haha

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We are headed up from So Cal to run the Mazda Teen Challenge race. Hope we get a good turn out. Last time we were there (June) the field was around 20 cars. Not bad. See you up there.

Tyler Vance - 2001 / #85
teenmazdachallenge.com

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Laura and I are in. Tyler - I didn't see you on the latest entry list. Have you registered yet?

It'll be good to see you and your Dad up North again!

We only have 12 SM cars at this point, counting Tyler but not including at least one more person I know is planning to come. Given that it's Wednesday already, I think we're going to be light compared to normal - maybe 15 cars in class max.

Bummer, but August at Thunderhill doesn't always draw the biggest crowd.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Tvance13

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Dean - We registered on the 18th and received a confirmation e-mail. Hopefully we are in the system. We are looking forward to seeing you all as well. We had a great time in June (thanks again for the tips, they helped out quite a bit). See you Saturday.

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry for the false alarm - you're on the registration list I just got!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i'm looking forward to a festive weekend. any testing or clubs on the track on friday dean? bruce

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't make me come up there and beat your asses..DOH.. Have fun boys and girls.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't make me come up there and beat your asses..DOH.. [Wink] [Wink] Have fun boys and girls.
I know, I know... Shut-up..

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Bruce,

I checked the Thunderhill schedule online and it looks like Hooked on Driving has the track Friday. NASA doesn't organize test days on the day prior to the weekend like SCCA does.

Looking forward to seeing you, Brother!

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Dave Bingle

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 19
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Bingle   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm In for the weekend. Can't wait to drive on the new pavement.

Do we have a designated parking spot for the Miata gang?

--------------------
Dave Bingle, SCCA SFR SSM #19 (last year #22)

There isn't an officially "reserved" spot, but let's all try to gather where we were last time... between the playground and the hot-pit entrance, near the "Shelby Deck" on this diagram.

http://www.nasanorcal.com/eventinfo2008/aug/3North_Paddock.pdf

Straight across from Tech.

I won't be arriving until 7 or 8pm tonite, earliest, so I can't rope off an area. Those of you who get there early, save space if you can!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I won't be there until Saturday morning, so if all Miata's try to pit with each other I would appreciate it if someone could save some space for my car!

Justin Ross

Region: san fran
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Justin Ross     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

John and i are leaving at 3 so we will be there around 6 probably so we will try

--------------------
Evil Genius Racing 4 Life!!!!!!!!!
Yes, John Really Does Sign People For That Long Haha

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a hectic weekend! You want to know what topped it all off? Our truck broke down on the way home. Awesome.

Double Trouble Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Field Filler

Region: SFR/NorCal
Car #: 16, 17, 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Double Trouble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So what were the results? How did everyone do?

Kevin

--------------------
One Stop Race Shop

Veteran Member

Randy demolished everyone. I had a very crappy weekend, partly because of myself, and partly because of the car. I finished like 5th and 7th or something. Still "won" the Teen Mazda Challenge inter race though.

bpigpen

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

the results are up on the nasa site. sorry you didn't have a better weekend sean. i had a great time even though it was really hot.it was nice to meet you and your father. better luck this weekend for you and the thomas's.

Tvance13

Dean/Ron,

Thanks for the advice this weekend, it was a big help. We really struggled with the setup on Sunday. Happy to come in "second" (literally) on Saturday and Sunday in the Teen Mazda Challenge Race to Sean Allen in our first ever race at this track. At 13 years old a 6th and 8th finish at this track is a huge accomplishment, particularly to a guy who has run this track in the past on many occasions.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the next Nor Cal NASA race. As always it was a pleasure.

--------------------

Tyler,

Good to see you and your dad up here! You did very, very well this weekend. I've got to say, you've got serious driving talent. Watching your lines in your video - you figured this track out very quickly. I've seen very few in-car videos where drivers have the same consistency and good, early turn-in at many key corners. If you get to the throttle just a little earlier, get T2 and T14 worked out and get yourself a little HP, you'll be a force to be reckoned with! I was 38 years old before I drove as well as you're driving now at 13. [Smile]

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

bpigpen

tyler,
nice meeting you and your dad .way to go this past weekend-keep it up. fyi- scca honors nasa comp. licenses as of this year. take advantage- i've been trying to get my son travis,(15)to do the same . hope to race with you again .
bruce pendleton

Tvance13

Thank you both Bruce and Dean I never thought that I would be in the top ten but I was really happy with myself when I got 8 and 6 and thank you both again.
Tyler

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: