Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Infineon Update??

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Infineon Update??
Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The results on mylaps look very interesting. I am looking forward to some stories and videos.

Did you all run the regular track or something new? Did some of the changes for '09 bring some closer racing?

Jeremy

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on the Saturday win Dan!!

Can someone clarify who all the "teams" are? Who won on Sunday?

Mighty Mike Made Donation to Website

Car #: 42 & 92
Year : 91 & 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mighty Mike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Dan and Dean !!!!! Way to go.
It was a wild weather weekend. We were lucky on Saturday with a pretty dry track. Good clean racing all around. I give NASA high marks for putting on a great event in spite of unbelievable conditions.

Michael Niemann
Team MiataKa Racing

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As Mike said, weather was a factor all weekend. Saturday had a very wet practice, mostly dry (with puddles) qual and fully dry race. Sunday had monsoon practice, very wet qual and just wet race.

Folks were on a mixed bag of tires - some running shaved R888's, some running full tread R888's and some running shaved or full-tread RA-1's.

I think it's hard to say with this mix of cars, drivers, weather and tires whether the 09 rule changes have really made a difference.

Great event - no car-to-car contact of any consequence. Very lite body damage for Vodden with an off at T10 in the rain. Very clean weekend, especially considering the conditions!

Congrats to Dan for a hard-fought win on Saturday - he's back!!!

I'll post my qual and race videos in another thread. Looking forward to seeing everyone's there!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thank you Gents. nice to see you all. Jeremy, I was on shaved RA-1 for the race as was Vodden. I want to use them up. But, it was definitely the tire to have. I qual'd on shaved r-888 at a hair over 2 min flat and ran the race at 157.5+. Big difference.. too bad we have to change. I weenie'd out of the second race as I was not fast in rain practice. sorry I forgot to put in my camera.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How long are RA-1's going to be allowed?

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

RA-1's are allowed as dry tires for one more NASA race weekend. They are allowed as rain tires (race director has to designate it a "wet race") for the entire 2009 season.

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Jeremy Pike

Car #: 89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan and Dean congrats on the wins.

Dan, I take in you are sticking with SM and not SSM?

Danimal Verified Driver

Region: Bay Area, California
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danimal     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeremy, I tried to take video on Sat and Sun...but my GOPRO will not record anything longer then 11 min. even with ni-mh, li-ion and a ton of Costcos....So it is not a battery isue or memory issue.....Do you have a contact at Gopro?

Thanx Dan

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats on the win Doc, wish I could have been there to see it. Regarding the second race, I figure if you're going to wuss out of a rain race, Infineon's probably the place to do it. [Eek!]

(Hello to my MM/EGR teammates in this thread) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Mighty Mike Made Donation to Website

Car #: 42 & 92
Year : 91 & 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mighty Mike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

One thing that I thought was really cool was they waved the white flag with one lap to go just like races you see on TV. Much better than just getting the finger.
I did have a bit of confusion about my starting spot as to which side to be on as there wasn't a splitter. I figured it out at the last minute so no biggie.

Michael Niemann
Team MiataKa Racing

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jeremy and Pat. yes I WUSSED. Just didn't seem important after a win, (THEY DON'T COME ALONG TO OFTEN) to risk the car. I was slow as molasses anyway.

--------------------

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to The Good Doctor and Dean on the wins!! Great to see everybody Saturday. Bruce-- you and that #95 car-- so much fun to watch the last few laps!! "Photo finish" for 4th, man that was awesome!

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

BIG CONGRATS to both Dan & Dean on their wins at sears. it was fun playin in the rain with you all. i can't wait for more. bruce p.

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan, good job Bruce!

Are you coming to the double National?

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

I'm not, I'm afraid. $$ you know. Not going to run any national races this year. I only ran them last year to break in the motor. Thanks Bruce..

--------------------

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan and Dean!

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: