Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Great weekend at Thunderhill!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Great weekend at Thunderhill!
dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wanted to be the first to send a big congratulations out to all the podium finishers and to the entire NASA NorCal Spec Miata field for another weekend of close and crash-free racing.

Dan G. - you put on a driving clinic this weekend. Two pole quali's and two flag to flag race wins. Way to go!!

Doug C. - Great showing! You showed some excellent speed and consistency - too bad about the brake issues and subsequent suspension issues for the second race.

Jeremy P. - What a huge improvement! You've really shown that you can run up front. It was a lot of fun watching your battles with Randy and Vodden.

Laura - It was a lot more fun watching you race with more than 100HP... [Smile]

Randy - It was good to see you back up front on Sunday. Looks like you're getting the new car sorted out, but the 1.6's look tough to beat in '09.

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend. I can't remember a weekend with better weather at T-Hill. I'll be more proactive about organizing our paddock space and some social gatherings for the next event.

Cheers,

Dean

PS - I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that 5 of the 6 podium spots this weekend went to members of the 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill winning E2 team - Team Evil Genius!

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like a great weekend Dean! I was going to email you and Laura to see how it was going, but got busy at LS.

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

ToddW Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Objects in review mirror are losing

Car #: 67
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ToddW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We also saw Barry Hartzel return to racing. Even after six years away, he was very smooth and getting faster with every session. He seemed to
enjoy the weekend.....

-

Looking forward to racing Thunderhill backwards on May 30.

Danimal Verified Driver

Region: Bay Area, California
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danimal     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrads to everybody this weekend for a fun set of races.....

Thank you to John at Evil Genius Racing......... Since I have teamed up with EGR, John has cured a lot of problems that I did know I had on the car not to mention all the good peole surrounding John such as the Thomas's, the Clarks, the Miller's and all the EGR crew

Jeremy Pike

Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Very fun weekend with some good racing and great people. I did go back to RA-1's and really appreciate them after driving the 8's a couple weekends.. So much I may just stick with NASA after May.

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Go Scrappy! Congrats to all. I wish I could have been there. Was freezing my butt off at Laguna.

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Danimal Verified Driver

Region: Bay Area, California
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danimal     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

and of course JP and JP....Great run Jeremy....besides the cold, from Laura's report sounded like a fun filled weekend at Laguna....all except the tire theft....sorry to hear that

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dtfastbear:
PS - I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that 5 of the 6 podium spots this weekend went to members of the 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill winning E2 team - Team Evil Genius!

Oh YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!! You guys rock! On occasion I wish we lived down there so I could see and race with you all more often. Plus the weather doesn't suck.

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Barry Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 92 and 61
Year : 90/90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Barry   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Todd. It was good to be back. I'm truly impressed with the level of driving in the SM field. Special thanks to Randy Evans for the loan of the #6 car on Sunday. Wow, do I have a lot to learn about chassis set up. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back.

Barry

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was nice to see our own local Godfather of Spec Miata out racing again! Impressive how quickly you got up to speed, Barry. Are you going to be an SM regular, now?

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I might just have to make the next event so I can race with Barry. Welcome back to the races, Barry!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Laura Thomas Verified Driver

Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Laura Thomas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great weekend, everyone! I had tons of fun even though I was on those sucky 8's. Might have to invest in some RA-1's so I can keep up!

Way to go Dan G!! Also props to Jeremy and Doug. Thanks again John P and EGR for all your support and especially Scott Miller for getting to the track an hour before we did on Sunday to crawl under our car and tighten those loose tranny bolts!

Oh, and Barry was a total animal out there! Look out for that guy!

-L

--------------------
MoLaps #72

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: