Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Thunderhill Hightlights Video

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Thunderhill Hightlights Video
Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TWQ794fZ0A

10 minutes of clips from the weekend. First 5 minutes is from SM Saturday and Sunday and the last 5 is PTE Saturday and Sunday.

There's a couple of these-- [thumbsup]
Some of this-- [tipsy]
And one of these-- [shame]

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was fun. Thanks for posting, Jeremy!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guessing the finger wag was for 3:07. Did you talk to the driver? That was a wanker move.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would have used a different finger and it wouldn't have been wagging at 3:07...

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, all drivers spoke throughout the weekend. No, the finger wag was to myself for the DQ move.

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Uh as one person on this board once said, that move at 3:07 is perfectly legal and the other driver should be commended under the Nasa rules, as Jeremy was not up to the mid door of the other driver. I have no comment other than the rules are very different in NASA.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As much as I want to argue (because that's my nature), I believe Bruce is right. I was going to say that it would be considered blocking because the leading car moved in response to the car behind (which IS blocking), but after rewatching the video I saw that the lead car was on a normal-for-some-drivers line that tracks out all the way to the left of the track after T9. And, as Jeremy wasn't all the way up to the door, as Bruce points out, he didn't deserve his NASA mandated 3/4 car width racing room. [Smile]

I guess that's why the 1x car is the reigning NASA NorCal champion!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Dean, as you point out in your orientation document, you just need to be aware that the on track rules are different. I was very upset in my only NASA race (25), as I just couldn't get used to someone trying to drive me off the track everytime I had a good run, especially since that car was about 2 seconds a lap slower than me. In the end I learned how to pass under the rule. As pointed out ealier, this is not welcome behavior under the SCCA rules, but definitely okay under NASA rules.

Your comment about blocking is interesting as that would be different in SCCA as well. While blocking isn't well defined in the GCR, it is generally accepted that one move to impede a pass would be okay, but multiple moves wouldn't.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: