Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Congrats!!! Nasa Nationals.

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Congrats!!! Nasa Nationals.
Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd Like to be the first to congratulate Dean Thomas on his 2nd place finish and fastest lap of the week. Also Andrew Rushing on a great drive to 1st place with constant pressure from Todd Lamb. Todd had a mechanical after being passed by Dean, and had to retire. Sammy Valafar finished 3rd. The norcal region did well with a 2nd, 8th, 9th and 11th. It's always a pleasure to pit with Dean and Laura. And of course a big hand to The Evil Genius himself, John Pagel, who helped all of us tirelessly throughout the week. Juan Pineda and Glenn were present to lend a hand. Our norcal boys included Dean Thomas, Randy Evans, Todd Wilson, Bruce Pendelton, Dan Gerhinger, Jeremy Pike and myself. Jeremy had a mechanical early thursday morning and despite Johns hard work, they could not get the car to perform and JP left for home, very dissapointed. we missed you JP. Bruce came in 2nd today in PTE class. way to go! I had a blast and WILL attend next year.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Apex to Apex

Region: NASA Mid-West
Car #: 077
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And many 'props to our Mid-West guy, Chris Griswold, for taking 4th. Not bad for his first year in the class. Chris was NASA AIX Nat Champ in 2007.

--------------------
"Driving is a serious business" - John Milner, 'American Graffiti'

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good job Dean. Making us norcalers proud.

Tony Silva Verified Driver
"The Tiger"

Car #: 79
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tony Silva     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dean. Wish I could have been there to lend a hand to all the Nor Cal guys

--------------------
Tony Silva
Atlanta Motorsports Group
http://www.atlantamotorsportsgroup.com/
Atlantamotorgroup@me.com

David Kirsch Verified Driver

Region: san francisco
Car #: 82
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Kirsch   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to you Dean. Nice job. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next year....

David

--------------------
David Kirsch
[formerly] SM #82 [Now shooting Canon]

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do I read this correctly? OUR Bruce Pendleton PTE champion!??

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
Do I read this correctly? OUR Bruce Pendleton PTE champion!??

Yep

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Shawn@sampsonracing.com Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA/SoCal
Car #: 2
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shawn@sampsonracing.com   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats so cool, Congrads Bruce! Man that guy is on a high as it is and now this... He's never going to come down!

--------------------
Shawn Sampson/Sampson Racing Communications
Offical NASA Racing Communication Company
NASA SM/PTE/E3
2005- 1st Place EO 25 Hour Enduro NASA 86' Mazda Rx7 (RIP)
http://www.SampsonRacing.com
http://www.SRCProducts.com
Toll Free -866-396-7231

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My new motto is--" Better Lucky Than Good "

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Mr. Shoe

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

bpigpen

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Bruce. It was Randy Evans' race to lose , and he blew his motor on lap 6 or 7. An rx-7 from socal had the fastest lap in qual and the race. I started 4th . I did the best I could with my under powered car. Kept it on the track, and finished in p.2 . Friday I got an e-mail from rjr racing (p.3 on track) telling me that the 1st place RX-7 was DQ'ed for horsepower to weight ratio infraction, and that I was the champion. Sometimes" better lucky than good". I'll still take it. It was a lot of fun- the entire week. I'm planning on going back next year. ( I grew up an hour from the track ,and it was fun to race with family and friends there) our bruce pendleton

[ 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: bpigpen ]

Veteran Member

sooo you get to go to the Mazda Shootout right? You won in a Mazda...

bpigpen

I have no idea -but I'll go if I'm invited.

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bruce - Congrats! Very cool, I look forward to seeing you at BWRP in a few weeks. And Sean is right, you will be invited to the shoot out. Nice work!

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

bpigpen

Thanks Tyler!
I look forward to seeing you and your dad. I also look forward to getting another prank in on you. All in good fun. Who is leading in the teen challenge?

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was the first loser! Maybe next year

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

bpigpen

Tyler, 2nd is not a loser!Keep working hard and I'm sure you will be rewarded.Who came in 1st?

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good work Bruce!

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Bruce!

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

bpigpen

Thanks Jason and Kim;
I'd also like to thank my friend and crew chief Paul DeForest for his help at this event and over the years. Without his support and never ending work ethic ,I would have never been able to get this far.Thanks to Brandon Kraus and his father Roger for their efforts with my setup and Goodyear tire for providing me a very fast and consistent tire that helped me get to the front and pull away from the pack. These new tires never went away and got better as the race went on.Thanks to the spec miata runner-up Dean Thomas for his work on my suspension at the track and his confidence in my abilities. All of the NorCal guys were great.Big Shooter (Dr.Dan),John Pagel (Evil Genius Racing),Dan G,Jason,Randy,Jeremy,Todd,Laura,Juan,Glenn.
And a special thanks to the RJR team for making sure my paperwork was corrected-That's a Great competitor that will help you and then race against you-Very Cool-.James at Mazdaspeed you are the best!It was nice to get to know some of the other drivers and crew. Tim, Karl, Jim D,Andrew.The Utah gang were auwsome-very hospitable and to race against my long lost cousin was pretty neat.Thanks to Nasa for the event-Great job-.Chris and Jim from Goodyear-You made it happen-Thanks again.Shaun @ SampsonRacing thanks,And to anyone I may have forgotten
VSR your the bomb

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: