Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » First NorCal event of 2010 - Infineon on Feb 27/28

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: First NorCal event of 2010 - Infineon on Feb 27/28
dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys,

The first event of the year isn't that far off, so it's time to start thinking about the maintenance and fixes you need to get completed before the first event. The first Infineon event of the year is only 5 weeks away.

SFR SCCA guys - we'd love to have you out to some NASA events this year. It's not too early to get some qualifying races under your belt so we can send a HUGE NorCal contingent to the NASA Nationals at Miller in September.

It's also not too early to sign up on the NASA website. Registration is open.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1031

If you have any questions at all about running Spec Miata with NASA, please contact me.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

DionJ Verified Driver

Region: SF
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DionJ     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Dean, could we get someone to do annuals at the track Friday night or Saturday early?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll talk to the NASA tech guys. I'll bet we could work something out. Dion - I think you already have a NASA log book, right? You'd just need an annual?

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

DionJ Verified Driver

Region: SF
Car #: 68
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DionJ     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yep, just the annual. Saves me an extra load and tow...Thanks..

Dion and others,

The head of tech is not planning to be there until Saturday morning, and I know that Saturday morning at the first event of the year is *always* a zoo for tech. All of the naughty folks who didn't get annuals in advance want immediate attention.

The head tech guy said that if we had 5 or more cars, he would come a day early around 2pm-ish and tech cars all afternoon. Anyone other than Dion who would take advantage of this offer from Alan?

BTW - I've heard from several SM drivers who aren't NorCal regulars who will be coming to this event, so I think we'll have a great turnout!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Bobby C

Region: SFR
Car #: 11
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bobby C     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just signed up.....Can't wait.

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ah the great Booby C! it will be great to see you BC.. I need an annual too... Alas..Let me guess we are out first..Suggestions

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ah the great Bobby C! it will be great to see you BC.. I need an annual too... Alas..Let me guess we are out first..Suggestions

--------------------

Suggestion is to get the car teched in advance by one of the approved shops in the next two weeks or make arrangements with someone (e.g. John Pagel, TCD, Mike Haag) OTHER than NASA's general tech crew to tech your car Friday evening or Saturday morning.

The tech crew is going to be overrun with people who didn't bother to get this done in advance. It happens every year at the first event.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Dan,

I thought you were done racing this year to focus on flying?

No, racing less, flying more. All depends on my health. BTW John commited to come to T hill to do techs. he has a renter that will come to. Hopefully it will sort out..

--------------------

Steve Holifield Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 44
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Holifield     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Dean and Dan on their wins! Great racing and very fun to watch. I didn't see the Saturday race but on Sunday, Kiwi and Bobby C. filled out the podium. Congrats to all!

Double Trouble Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Field Filler

Region: SFR/NorCal
Car #: 16, 17, 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Double Trouble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a great time this weekend! It was nice to be able to race with everyone. Thanks to all for the fun, clean racing! And thanks for the positive comments from many of you. I guess I need to stop being so negative about my skill level (I'll try [Smile] ).

Congratulations on the Sunday win Dr.Dan, very nice run.

Hopefully I won't have to wait as long until my next race.

Kevin

--------------------
One Stop Race Shop

Congrats to Dr. Dan for his convincing win in the Sunday points race and to Kevin for showing everyone how it's done in the Sunday qualifying race!! See, Kevin, you CAN win in the dry, too!

Great job, everyone. Other than some very minor rubs and bumps, I think we had a very successful weekend, and the weather really turned out much better than I'd expected.

We had over 20 cars in every session, and the inverted grid for the qualifying race turned out some of the closest and best SM racing I've seen for a while.

It was great to see Bobby C, Barry H, Jeff Lyon and Keving Wirth all in cars again, as racy as ever.

Unfortunately, Laura and I are going to miss the next event in March, but I'll bet it'll be just as good as this one.

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

^ That's a shame! I was planning on attending that one!

Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to the winners and great racing by all. I had a blast this weekend. Thanks all!

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

Thank you all. I had a great time. The best people I know are racers! Congrats Dean, Kiwi, Barry and Bobby. Than ks to Dan G for the loan of a clutch and to Tim Barber for changing my trans late in the day and nite..I plan on being there this march.

--------------------

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kevin, nice driving to hold off the wolves for so long. Dan, congrats on the win. Barry H, glad to have you back! You too Bobby. Lots of fun races throughout the pack. Good job everyone. Thanks for the entertainment!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Double Trouble Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Field Filler

Region: SFR/NorCal
Car #: 16, 17, 18
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Double Trouble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Thank you guys, being up front was very exciting. I felt like I didn't belong there with my lap times, but it was awesome while it lasted. Winning the Qual race will be a big highlight for me for quite a while (I still can't get the smile off my face).
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
One Stop Race Shop

Barry Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 92 and 61
Year : 90/90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Barry   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is great to be back. What a great weekend. Good hard friendly racing. The way Spec Miata should be. Great job everyone.

Results are up...

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=507661

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Barry Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 92 and 61
Year : 90/90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Barry   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is great to be back. What a great weekend. Good hard friendly racing. The way Spec Miata should be. Great job everyone.

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Makes me want to go out in the garage and finish up this car!@# [rockband]

Who created this "work for a living" thing? It really interrupts my racing.

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Bobby C

Car #: 11
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bobby C     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a blast to get behind the wheel again!!! It had been 3 years since I was last at Sears Point and it was AWESOME.

A Special thanks to Larry Oka for giving me a great car to race...and yes it is a rental!! We were a little off pace on Saturday as both Dean and Barry drove right by me as if I missed a shift!!!! Sunday was much better. We changed the whole car before the race and thats why we were late to grid and had to start last..Toe, Camber, Caster, rake, ride height, corner weights, intake and plugs...My Dad and Kent Stacy put there magic to it and it was the best car I have ever driven...I am definately on the 1.6 bandwagon again [thumbsup] . Last to 3rd not what I wanted but not bad..I am definately doing it again and possibly the NASA Nationals...

Great to race with you all again....especially Dave Vodden (aka Capt. Kangaroo), Ed Koop, Barry, Dan (Spiderman) my sons favorite driver and Dean...

Bobby Carter

Makes me want to go out in the garage and finish up this car!@# ...Come on Brian, we miss you..

It was great to see the Carters back at the track. One of the best racing families out there.
Bobby, did you check out the podium pic with your son?? great pic..I'm telling you boys, we could clean house at the Nationals. At least we will have a great time. consider it. It's the last year at Miller, so it's relatively easy for us..

--------------------

Ken SM-94 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken SM-94   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
It's the last year at Miller
Where is it going next year?

Mid-Ohio for 2 years.

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Who all is going this weekend. no list up.. anyone??

--------------------

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. Travis will be driving my car in hpde. Paul will be drinking. Should be a great time. Dan-- I'll be bringing the GLADIATORS . We'll be there Friday night.

Veteran Member

I signed up just in case I can get my car drivable. Friend and Dad are doing HPDE, figured I could use the track time! Funny how the closest track to me is the one I have the least amount of time on.

I hear Ben and Randy are signed up.

Oh goodI'm doing pt as well so I can get my races in for the NATs..

--------------------

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I guess I'll have to look for your truck and trailer since I won't be able to see your car!!

OMG. wait till you see it. you'll love it or hate it. But, it was EXTREMELY easy to do. I was tired of the red and yellow and cost of painting fenders, even though I do it myself. Who has time? Whole car took 2.5 hrs and most of that was taping.Prob come off after one lap. Now new surfaces will take no time to paint. I figure it's like skiis, who care what the top looks like..It's the bottoms that make you go fast. Oh, BP, I may not be able to make the NATS. my nephew is getting married on the 19th. so lobby for the 18th for our SM race. Like last year.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: