Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Second Race Weekend - Infineon

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Second Race Weekend - Infineon
Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well the car count was down a bit but thanks to Barry, Randy and Dan the racing was still incredibly close. Congrats to Barry and Dan, Sat and Sun winners and to Randy who managed to snatch fastest lap both days also finished second both days. This was some of the closet and cleanest racing I have seen in a long time! Of course I would have much rather been watching it from behind a windshield but it was a treat being there. Awesome job guys!
Race Results

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So sorry Laura and I missed this weekend. We were on a company sponsored trip to Cancun, so it had to be done. [Smile] [Smile]

Congrats to the winners. I heard lots of stories about some really good racing already. I believe the weekend was pretty clean from a contact/damage standpoint, so congratulations. Actually, I should be more specific. I heard that it was a good weekend for SPEC MIATA from a contact standpoint, not so good for some of the other classes in Group E.

I look forward to seeing you all at Thunderhill. We might just have another car for that one...

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Both Sat and Sunday races were great shows. Randy worked Barry over on Saturday, and vice versa on Sunday. Very amusing. On Saturday, Dan went off in T2 at the start and was out of the race. On Sunday, he played it cool and let Barry and Randy duke it out in front of him until they tripped up and let him slip by. He built up a good gap and it looked like it was all over. But in the last laps, Randy smelled blood and caught up to almost get along side him going into the last turn.

Great racing everyone!

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Was Randy running his new SSM?

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

no , he was in his new 95

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was just toying with him..lol;-)...seriously I was on the ra1's that I used all of the national weekend and the last race here. I think they corded on the last lap.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quite a show sitting in the grandstand...a little past the midway point of the race all 3 cars went from the first kink on the front straight past the start finish bumper to bumper...literally! Randy was the oreo center...like 3 dogs at the park sniffing butts! Next lap Randy stepped out in the same spot and let the stealth bomber push him all the way to 2...and past Barry I believe(couldn't see). Good thing it was NASA!
Heard & Felt but not seen....the Doc's new motto.

Great racing gentleman!

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

ToddW Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Objects in review mirror are losing

Region: SFR
Car #: 67
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ToddW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Actually, he ran his green 95 from last year that's been repainted and a used motor dropped in to replace the one that blew up at the NASA nationals.

>>>Was Randy running his new SSM?
>>>no , he was in his new 95

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

nothing wrong with that motor. I'll post the video, courtesy Mr. Juan Pinedas' HD video. Prob tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: