Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » May 22/23 Roll Call

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: May 22/23 Roll Call
Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So who is in for Thunderhill this weekend? Weather is looking great. We are getting our cars back from the the body shop this week, hopefully we can keep them out of there for a while. [Big Grin] OneStop will have a full contingency of cars with all 4 of our cars on the track this weekend.

Dean, are you going to have the L-SM out?

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

mtm68 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub/ SFR
Car #: 67
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mtm68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Would love to, but will be doing doing the relay for life in mtn view.
Marcus

--------------------
-
Marcus Miller
ITA 1.6 for sale- ish
ITE / ST2 Turbo 1.6 (in progress)

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nope going to Mexico. I'll race to the Margie bar.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Was almost going to sign up for this, but it's the weekend before finals so no go. Have fun!

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am in. Looking forward to it.

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sean Allen:
Was almost going to sign up for this, but it's the weekend before finals so no go. Have fun![/QUOTE
puss!

--------------------

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry Dan! I just bought 6 pro motors from different companies to find the one with the best power. Now I don't have any money to race with!! [Razz] [Big Grin]

ToddW Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Objects in review mirror are losing

Car #: 67
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ToddW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Haven't driven since Miller last year, but
I'll be there assuming my connection through Heathrow today does not run into ash cloud problems.

The email from Jerry on the new paddock parking process implies it will be crowded this weekend.

that's a big team you got there Sean

--------------------

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Results?? Video?? Anyone?? Bueller??

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe it was Dean, Barry and Tyler on Saturday and Barry, Dave V and Tyler on Sunday.

I finished 4th on Sat. so I am a bit more certain about the top three on that day [Razz]

Was running 4th and looped it on the exit of 3 and finished a bit further back on Sunday but still had an absolute blast! Thanks to everyone for all the good clean close racing.

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The SM racing was great this weekend.

Unfortunately, an incident at the start of the Group A race involving a few miatas took Bruce P out of the action for the rest of the weekend. And, I think it's the end of the road for that tub, too. [Frown] [Frown] I'll post video of that incident here later today. The basics are that we were 3 wide approaching the esses (T-Hill clockwise) and a "late arrival" mustang dove inside and the domino effect of cars reacting and moving to the left to make room turned Bruce off the front right fender of my car and he spun heavily into the wall. He's fine - car not so much.

I personally had some great, clean, side-by-side racing with Aaron, Jeff, Tyler and Barry! I'll start another thread with the video. The first 10 minutes are action packed!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Barry Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 92 and 61
Year : 90/90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Barry   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dean,
I had no idea that someone could drive a Miata that sideways! Great drive on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Good clean racing.

Bruce, if you're watching this thread, I've got a tub if you need it.

Barry

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to hear Bruce. I did it last year and now I have a awesome new car I love way more than the last. Cost was really minimal considering. Ping me if you need any tips.

-b

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Laura Thomas Verified Driver

Car #: 72
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Laura Thomas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome weekend (except for Bruce's incident) and great job by the rookies who were not only new to SM but T-hill backwards!

Had a fun time in the enduro on Saturday. My Sunday races were interesting - had to come in during the A race twice - once to have my hood shut and once for my naughty blend-line infraction penalty, and my E race quali time was thrown out due to (AGAIN!) the blend-line, but my race was still exciting.

See you at Sears in June!

--------------------
MoLaps #72

Veteran Member

Now that event I should be at... Looking forward to getting back in the car this year...

dp35 Verified Driver

Car #: 51
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dp35     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Allen:
Now that event I should be at... Looking forward to getting back in the car this year...

Glad to hear that. I predict June's NASA race @ Infineon will be their biggest of the year.

--------------------
2010 SCCA Regional Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E1 Class winner, MX-5 Cup

Veteran Member

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to race SM though. We'll see. Hopefully it's a good turn out.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: