Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Northwest » Thunderhill clockwise video - May 22nd

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Thunderhill clockwise video - May 22nd
dtfastbear Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
faster than the average bear...

Region: SFR / NorCal
Car #: 72
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's my in-car from the Saturday Spec Miata race. The first half is definitely exciting with some really close (but clean!) racing with Aaron Braverman, Jeff Lyon, Tyler Vance and Barry Hartzel. Vodden and Randy didn't race on Saturday, unfortunately [Frown]

http://www.vimeo.com/11990746

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
NASA Nor Cal SM series Director
www.molaps.com

Winner - Ford Racing Mustang Challenge Driver Shootout

Evil Genius Racing / Race Engineering / Stewart Development

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Less time giving hand signals may prevent some of those big sideways moments. [Smile]

I've never raced Thill backwards - looks more fun than I expected although there are definitely a few run off areas that are not pretty. What's the story with the blend line coming onto the front straight; not allowed to cross it? Was that a '99 in front of you at the beginning?

--------------------
MotorsportReg.com / Haag Performance / Team SafeRacer
2010 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dtfastbear   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, I do have a gesticulating problem...

Thunderhill in the clockwise direction is AWESOME. Next to Infineon it is definitely my favorite local track.

NASA treats the blend line like a brick wall. If you touch it, you get a warning. If you touch it again, you start to accrue penalties. If you cross it, you get either a 1-position penalty or a drive through penalty. Several drivers lost their best qualifying times due to blend line infractions.

The reason that NASA does this is that fast cars, if allowed to use the entire track at the exit of T1, would be just barely nipping past the leading edge of the pit wall at 90-100 mph. Making the exit narrower brings the speeds down.

That was Tyler Vance's 2001 SM in front of me for the first couple laps. He finished 2nd on Sunday!

Cheers,

Dean

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Jeff Lyon Verified Driver
Still on Probation!

Region: NorCal/SFR
Car #: 17/19
Year : 92/89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice drive Dean, and btw you make me sick [Wink]
I am out there working my tail off and you are just cruizing along. I mean Tyler was scooting and you took him on the outside of T2 [Eek!]

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

Thanks, Jeff. I think I was 4-wheels off [the ground] when you and I went side-by-side in the bypass!!! I'm glad that ended well... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

BTW - I was working my butt off on this drive! The car was a little loose. I'll have to publish my steering angle data. It looks like a seismograph plot from the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco.

--------------------
www.molaps.com

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice run Dean! Your fans might appreciate some editing though [Wink]

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

rookie530

Region: san francisco
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rookie530     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

nice drive! that overpass backwards looks insane!

--------------------
will mccloskey

Still on Probation!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Lyon   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is my video from Sunday. Not the best drive but it is fun with a spin and a high speed 4-wheel off and some close racing.
http://racing.onestopraceshop.com/vids/JLyon_ThillR_NASA_52310.wmv
Just bought another GoPro and this one seems to be having some issues with audio.

I will post the race from Saturday in a bit. It was a very tight battle with Aaron with a sideways E30 thrown in for good measure.

Saturdays race.
http://racing.onestopraceshop.com/vids/JLyon_THillR_NASA_52210.wmv

[ 05-25-2010, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Lyon ]

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job guys. looked like fun. I'll bet Todd was not to happy with the black car. Are they letting you run outside the stripped areas now?
Sorry to hear about Big shooters car. Shame. And finally, Dean makes more hand jestures than Juan flipping his visor up. Dean Wins again!!
Miss you guys . See you soon.

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

dickball Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: sfr
Car #: 14
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dickball     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dean.

Awesome job there fella!

Jeff Lyon,
Check out this response when we go to your video link. (thought you might want to know)

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for onestopraceshop.com
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 120 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 9 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-05-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-05-20.
Malicious software includes 16 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 40 domain(s), including bestsavever14.xorg.pl/, softforyou34.xorg.pl/, dzhk25.xorg.pl/.
25 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including dzhk25.xorg.pl/, softforyou34.xorg.pl/, bestsavever12.xorg.pl/.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST), AS11279 (GEORGE).

Cheers

Tim Wright

Still on Probation!

Interesting Tim. I have been hosting with hostmonster.com for years. I will pass along the message to them and ask them what it means. I have never gotten any of those messages when accessing the site.

And Dan, yes Todd was very interested in that footage [Smile]

--------------------
Jeff
NorCal/SFR
OneStopRaceShop

ToddW Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Objects in review mirror are losing

Region: SFR
Car #: 67
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ToddW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan, I had a discussion with the driver of the black car after the race...Issue is closed from my perspective. Hope to see you out there at the June Infinion race (assuming we can see a camouflaged car).

Dr.Dan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
V8, nice! And good for you too!

Region: san francisco region
Car #: 39
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dr.Dan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, the camo 37 will be at Infineon. If I can find it. I left it in a field. Staying close to home this year taking a racing break after ten years of full seasons plus. I think last two years I ran 15+ races and the nationals last year. See you there.. Let's have a party. woo hoo

--------------------
Daniel Mairani DDS...still here, just faster.
http://www.DanielMairanidds.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: