Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southwest » Schedule- TWS 7/31-8/1

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Schedule- TWS 7/31-8/1
Racebrat

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Racebrat     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here is the schedule- hope to see everyone there!

http://forum.specmiata.com/files/00003894/TWSAug2010v5.pdf

--------------------
Adrian Carpenter
SSM Series Director
NASA Texas

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Region: Southwest
Car #: 11
Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Adrian,

Thanks for posting. Do we have a good car count for SM this weekend?

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

Mike Bell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mentally Retired

Region: NASA TX
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in, see you there Gale!

--------------------
Mike Bell
http://www.bns-racing.com/sm.jpg

Mentally Retired

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Why aren't the results up from Race 4 on Sunday?

--------------------
Mike Bell

MPR22

Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I protested the 23 and I have not heard back from NASA, so maybe they are still sorting that out.

Good to meet you this weekend Mike. Did you get any video of the turn 14 mess?

--------------------
Michael Ross

TR6

Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I ran my first two rookie races on Sunday (red 02 miata, #500). Had a blast running with you guys (I was at the back of the pack for the most part). My first two starts were definitely an eye opening experience! Not to mention the funnel effect coming into 15/14. Looking forward to ECR in October.

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
I protested the 23 and I have not heard back from NASA, so maybe they are still sorting that out.

Good to meet you this weekend Mike. Did you get any video of the turn 14 mess?

what happen?

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

MPR22

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As I was passing the 23( me on the banking, him on the apron), the guy turns left into my right rear with his left front.)We both almost lost it, clearly not a racing incident. Best part is he did right in front of the start/finish line.

As for 14, lead 4 or 5 cars got through ok, the rest of field tried to go through 3 wide and lots of bumping and spinning insued. No major damage, just a bunch of sheet metal and wheel scrapes, but the front four checked out, until Wild Bill spun back to me about lap 5.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok -- good to know it was not very bad. Wild Bill Collings if your get this I need a med. shrit for my bro' in law. He plays bass and liked my shirt.

Thanks

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Mentally Retired

#23 took me out like a North Korean torpedo. I have video posted on youtube but it is short and bitter and only shows the car get hit in front of me. Another turn 1 lap 1 debacle. My car was unable to continue, left front damage. I looked for the driver after the race but couldn't find him or his car so I left the track fuming. I'm still fuming I guess lol.

He took out another Phillips car on Saturday (the yellow #06) trying to pass two of us going into the carousel but nobody filed a protest.

Here's a link to my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZyQAEuTpE

--------------------
Mike Bell

Andy Rushing Verified Driver Series Champ
2009 NASA SM National Champion

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 5
Year : '91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Rushing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bell:
#23 took me out like a North Korean torpedo. I have video posted on youtube but it is short and bitter and only shows the car get hit in front of me. Another turn 1 lap 1 debacle. My car was unable to continue, left front damage. I looked for the driver after the race but couldn't find him or his car so I left the track fuming. I'm still fuming I guess lol.

He took out another Phillips car on Saturday (the yellow #06) trying to pass two of us going into the carousel but nobody filed a protest.

Here's a link to my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZyQAEuTpE

Sorry to hear Mike...

If it was the #23 in the white and green car, then that is the same fellow who turned me around in T1 lap 1 back in April at the second Sunday NASA TWS race when I started at the back. I somehow managed to not get hit by half the field as I spun completely around. I think there may be a definite pattern here though based on the other very recent incidents being brought to light... Note to self (and everyone else reading)--file paper against this guy if anything like this happens again as he may be thinking he can get away with this kind of behavior. I'm not saying he's doing it intentionally necessarily, but at the very least he needs to know that he must control his car and give others racing room while in traffic.

--------------------
Andy Rushing

MPR22

Mike,

The 23 ran out of gas on the cool down lap, it was probably the lords way of letting us all cood down before we saw him. I filed the paper against him because his hit on me WAS completly avoidable and also I knew he hit several others with low percentage moves or just plain wreckless driving all weekend.

PS. For all of those that had to dodge my three 2nd to 5th shifts this weekend, I sincerely apologize.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Mentally Retired

Andy,

Yes, it is the white with a green splash #23. I hadn't seen any paperwork filed and was a bit unsure how to proceed. NASA almost DQ'd me for PUY but I had video showing the guy go all 4 off and they let me off. I came from the AI/CMC group and we filed body contact forms for everything. During my brief time in SM so far there seems to be a different threshold for this type stuff. In hindsight I should have encouraged the 06 driver to file and then I should have stuck around and done the same but to be honest, I was so pissed off that I wanted to avoid an altercation in the pits until I had cooled off and had a cold drink [Smile]

You were flying last weekend, nice job!

--------------------
Mike Bell

Brett Gabriel Verified Driver

Region: Texas Region
Car #: 04
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brett Gabriel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I guess I'll assume partial responsibility for the carnage in turn 1. I was on the pole by default as the fast guys went home. When I went for third, I found the gate, and after a little crunching, I ended up in fifth instead. That stacked up the whole field in the first turn. I'm pretty new to this, but I imagine even the most experienced drivers make that mistake once in awhile. My apologies to anyone with wrecked stuff.

--------------------
Brett Gabriel
Silver '99 #04

MPR22

Brett,

Nice driving all weekend, for being new at this you sure are getting fast.

--------------------
Michael Ross

trimless1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Low Budget Member

Car #: 11
Year : 99 and 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for trimless1     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brett Gabriel:
I guess I'll assume partial responsibility for the carnage in turn 1. I was on the pole by default as the fast guys went home. When I went for third, I found the gate, and after a little crunching, I ended up in fifth instead. That stacked up the whole field in the first turn. I'm pretty new to this, but I imagine even the most experienced drivers make that mistake once in awhile. My apologies to anyone with wrecked stuff.

Brett,

If I had $100 for every missed shift I'd be driving a $30K Drago car by now. We all have the responsibility to react to the conditions and give racing room to others no matter how stacked up the corner gets. From what I have seen posted it apprears one persons poor decision caused the mess so don't blame yourself.

Great job this weekend and look forward to racing with you again.

--------------------
Gale Corley
99 SM GRE Super Deluxe
93 SM GRE Jr. Deluxe

tLinder

Region: SW
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tLinder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brett, Gale is correct while your little mis-shift did cause things to stack up, it didn't have much to do with the T1 mess. Maybe I could have left a little more room, but I think #63 (Michael Porter) just got into the turn too hot. I was really impressed that everybody managed to dodge me after I got spun THANKS! (This was only my 3rd race w/e, so I still have plenty of room to improve). Looking foward to Eagles in Oct.

PS #1: Best of luck to Andy & Gale at Nationals. Make Texas proud (again) [thumbsup]

PS #2: Is their a protest form for too many Michaels in one race? [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by trimless1:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Gabriel:

Brett,

If I had $100 for every missed shift I'd be driving a $30K Drago car by now. We all have the responsibility to react to the conditions and give racing room to others no matter how stacked up the corner gets. From what I have seen posted it apprears one persons poor decision caused the mess so don't blame yourself.

Great job this weekend and look forward to racing with you again.

MPR22

Toby,

Mike Porter (#63) was looking for you to appolgize for the contact in turn 14. He thought it was Mike Bell he hit since you were both side by side and driving red cars. But after looking at his video he realized it was you he hit.

--------------------
Michael Ross

tLinder

Region: SW
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tLinder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Michael, you can tell by Mike Bell's video that Michael Porter's contact was not intentional, just part of racing. Let him know thanks for his apology.
quote:
Toby,

Mike Porter (#63) was looking for you to appolgize for the contact in turn 14. He thought it was Mike Bell he hit since you were both side by side and driving red cars. But after looking at his video he realized it was you he hit.

Viking Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 05 and ??
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viking   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just checked and it looks like race 4 results are up and now official.

--------------------
Viking Sjovall
Viking Motorsports

Waco Racer Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waco Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Those results are not official. I am still investigating.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Viking   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Waco Racer:
Those results are not official. I am still investigating.

Opps, my bad. - I thought once they were posted to MyLaps they were official, unless noted otherwise of course.
When do they become official then and how is everyone suppose to know when they are official ?

--------------------
Viking Sjovall
Viking Motorsports

Waco Racer Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waco Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hopefully soon and I will have them post it on the results page.

So when the are posted to the NASA Tx results website then they are official ?
Or technically, I guess 30 days from then.

--------------------
Viking Sjovall
Viking Motorsports

quote:
As I was passing the 23( me on the banking, him on the apron), the guy turns left into my right rear with his left front.)We both almost lost it, clearly not a racing incident. Best part is he did right in front of the start/finish line.

In car vid from 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdppidiEbY

--------------------
Viking Sjovall
Viking Motorsports

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Viking:
quote:

In car vid from 23

[Eek!]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Viking:
quote:

In car vid from 23

Obviously not the same incident. Was that payback from the ugly green car?

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

MPR22

Kent,

Actually the same incident. After the race director sent me the video I started to think i was crazy and owed the 23 a huge apology.
So I analyzed the video frame by frame and looked at the damage on my car and pieced together what happened. The angle of the video is quite decieving. It appears that as I come up next to the 23 i just turn down into him.

That is not how I recall it and that is not how it was reported by the starter (as was reported to me when i gave my incedent report of the contact after the race).

As I am passing the 23 he continues up the bank ever so slightly, difficult to see in the video at full speed. Also my cars position relative to the 23 is not easy to determine. I started out several feet to his left and continued to hold my line as I make the pass. His left front wheel makes first contact with my car about a foot in front of my right rear wheel, this upsets my car and turns me down into him, which is what you would expect in that type of contact. The second contact is his front wheel to my rear wheel square. This causes him to go right sharply, as his steerable wheels are hitting my realatively imovable wheels and it turns his steering wheel.

Could I have given more room to avoid the contact, sure there was plenty of room up the burm. But as I was already 1/2 a body length ahead and he could clearly see me I assumed he would not continue up the hill into me.

Was he blocking, yes no question!! The line he is taking out onto the banking is not a line taken by any competitor in any of my video all weekend. I was forced over 15 feet further up the hill than any other lap all weekend including several other passes.

How do I know? Data from my traqmate. Which is also how I know that I held my line until impact. I have offered and still offer to overlay my data with the 23s data since he was also running a traqmate. That will show without a doubt both cars paths.

That being said it is in the past. I no longer believe the 23 intentionally hit me, I believe he was trying to block me and didn't anticipate me coming by so quickly. As you know that "ugly green car" is a rocket ship and I am usually driving under its potential.

I am a rookie. I make lots of mistakes, including accusing someone of intentionally hitting me. For that I apologize to Jerry. However, I am very conscious of not trying hero passes or blocking of others, if i blow a turn for the most part you get the pass, ask Bill Agha, he and I played well all weekend without incident.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Mentally Retired

I sure wish that 23 video showed more of the race weekend contact, like the start of R4 on Sunday or the middle of R2 on Saturday!

--------------------
Mike Bell

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: