Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southwest » Eagles Canyon 10/2-3 - Who's going?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Eagles Canyon 10/2-3 - Who's going?
Mike Bell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mentally Retired

Region: NASA TX
Car #: 16
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hope to see some of you out there, my first time at EC. Looking forward to some fun racing.

--------------------
Mike Bell
http://www.bns-racing.com/sm.jpg

mdavis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Southwest
Car #: 45
Year : 1991-sold,95,99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mdavis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I can solve the electrical gremlins on the 99 I'll be there. Intermitent cut-out that started at the Sprints last year and finally made the car undriveable at Topeka this summer. It's been sitting ever since- hoping that some time alone will solve the problem [Frown]

--------------------
Matthew F. Davis
Texas Region SCCA

TR6

Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. Red 2002 with a rookie R on the back. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

tLinder

Region: SW
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tLinder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in (and Brett Gabriel plans on attending too). Weather forecast is perfect!

Trevor McC Made Donation to Website

Region: Texas
Car #: 90
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Trevor McC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in...

Mentally Retired

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike Bell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm headed up for a half-day of practice, hope to see you all there!

--------------------
Mike Bell

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck everyone!

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Mentally Retired

Well, after a great weekend of racing I encountered the big one in the opening lap of Race 3 on Sunday. Will post vids later but I think there were 7 cars damaged, some severely. I want to first thank Phillips Race Prep for keeping my car in tip-top shape while I was learning the track. Also thanks to Chris for some great lead/follow on Friday practice. Also a big thanks goes out to the NASA TX officials and workers who worked hard to put on a great event. The combination of great weather and bench racing with old buds and new friends was just amazing - worth the price of admission and more.

Finally, thanks to Trevor McCallion for being our Series Director this weekend - tough job and very low return on investment but he did it with a smile and genuine interest.

Here's the opening lap vid, apologies for my hand gesture but, well, that's how I feel about folks who go two off and stay in the gas and come back on the track into me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDfFOqzDas

--------------------
Mike Bell

MPR22

Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike,

What about the video that put you out of the race?

--------------------
Michael Ross

tLinder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for tLinder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
Mike,

Michael, your qual video made for some interesting footage too! [Big Grin]

MPR22

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dal_Mobile:
quote:
Originally posted by MPR22:
Mike,

Michael, your qual video made for some interesting footage too! [Big Grin]
[Eek!] [blush]

--------------------
Michael Ross

taylorf Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Upload the videos ladies!

Offseason is boring and I can't take anymore of the bs about how the cars are equal on the other threads.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

TR6

Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I really enjoyed meeting all of you guys and hanging out. I especially appreciate you guys taking the time to share some tips and advice with a rookie. Between the Aug 1 TWS race and ECR this weekend, I now have my four rookie races signed off and hope to have my "real" license soon. Looking forward to the next time!

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Mentally Retired

I haven't uploaded the remaining video. Will do so later tonight - not much to see as i got hit in left side and camera faces forward [Smile]

Ok, here's the remaining few laps under green, the fatal hit comes at 14:40 in the video when the kid tries to get two spots under braking going into turn 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoJrbgw5g10

[ 10-04-2010, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bell ]

--------------------
Mike Bell

cnj

Region: SW Division
Car #: 32
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cnj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike,

Did you have a big magnet on your car this weekend?

Craig J

Mentally Retired

quote:
Originally posted by cnj:
Mike,

Did you have a big magnet on your car this weekend?

Craig J

It was a great weekend until that last race on Sunday, then I was in the danger zone apparently!

--------------------
Mike Bell

tLinder

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bell:
I haven't uploaded the remaining video. Will do so later tonight - not much to see as i got hit in left side and camera faces forward [Smile]

Ok, here's the remaining few laps under green, the fatal hit comes at 14:40 in the video when the kid tries to get two spots under braking going into turn 7.

Did they do anything to the #46 (Colin)? Maybe he had brake issues? If he didn't, that would have been a very impressive pass to pull off. Sorry your w/e was ended that way.

Steven Holloway Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv!

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 97
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steven Holloway     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like he had a shot for 1 spot, but was waaaaay too far back for 2!
Did ya'll talk afterwards?
Did NASA do anything?

--------------------
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's got electrical problems.

MPR22

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Holloway:
Looks like he had a shot for 1 spot, but was waaaaay too far back for 2!
Did ya'll talk afterwards?
Did NASA do anything?

Steven,

There was no chance for him to get either spot, he was too far back, you have to be half way up on the car you are overtaking to make that move stick and he was several car lengths back. Since I got to sit with him at the corner worker station and chat with him about it, he freely admitted he made a horrible move and was remorseful about it.

--------------------
Michael Ross

tLinder

Sorry to say I had the best view in the house on this one. [Frown]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qikqak8j5u8

tLinder

quote:
Originally posted by taylorf:

Offseason is boring and I can't take anymore of the bs about how the cars are equal on the other threads.

Hopefully it was worth the wait, see post above...

windmill

Car #: 26
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for windmill   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ouch...makes my shunt with the steering wheel coming off in my hands look like a non-event....see you next year

gary

--------------------
gary norris

taylorf Verified Driver

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by taylorf:

Hopefully it was worth the wait, see post above...
Wow. Sorry about all the carnage guys.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

Brett Gabriel Verified Driver

Region: Texas Region
Car #: 04
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brett Gabriel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

...uggh, that was a Hans moment for sure. I predict a Rotax kart will be for sale on craigslist soon.

--------------------
Brett Gabriel
Silver '99 #04

tLinder

quote:
Originally posted by Brett Gabriel:
...uggh, that was a Hans moment for sure. I predict a Rotax kart will be for sale on craigslist soon.

Or maybe the Rotax will hit the track again & the SM will be up for sale (gently used) [Confused]

Mentally Retired

Colin was very humble and freely admitted he blew it in the braking zone. I had a great race with him prior to the incident and for a young man he handled himself well by coming to the Tech Shed and facing the music after the race.

I've wrecked a fellow competitor when I locked up in the braking zone and can remember how it felt, I was glad to see he's willing to learn and get better. Nobody wants to do bodywork but it happens and we are all started somewhere so I think it will be a valuable lesson and he'll be back out there soon I hope.

--------------------
Mike Bell

tLinder

quote:
Originally posted by windmill:
ouch...makes my shunt with the steering wheel coming off in my hands look like a non-event....see you next year

gary

BTW, is there any video of that?! [Eek!] (You took the meaning of the "loose nut behind the wheel" to a new level).

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
ouch...makes my shunt with the steering wheel coming off in my hands look like a non-event...

Hey, let's see that video! [Eek!]

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

WildBill88

Region: Lone Star
Car #: 18
Year : 99 & 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for WildBill88   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw it in the mirror I just did not expect it to be that bad. wow that was a lick.

Ron Alan Made Donation to Website

Region: SF
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bell:

14mm socket rolling around??

--------------------
-RA

"Happy birthday, I didn't get you a present...Oh, mom got you one? Well, that's from me then too, unless it's shitty."
9:52 AM Sep 14th, 2009 via web
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Mentally Retired

Ding Ding Ding! Ron Alan diagnosed one of the rattles early lol.

--------------------
Mike Bell

windmill

Car #: 26
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for windmill   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

gary

BTW, is there any video of that?! [Eek!] (You took the meaning of the "loose nut behind the wheel" to a new level).

--------------------
gary norris

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: