Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southwest » NASA Nationals (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: NASA Nationals
Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Utah
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I refer to turn 5 as Clarks corner [Big Grin] , that's were he always makes his first lap passes and it's a left hander.

Turn 3 is fast and it's safe to go off and not hit anything and work your way back onto track. Watch out in tooele turn, if you go wide there is a chance of shooting back across track and ruining your day.

I'm 6'1" - 6'2" depending on my shoes and I look like Mr. Incredible when i'm in my race suit. Just ask Dave and Jon how good I look in it.

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's the first 2 laps of an outer loop race in july.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWJkpGxS8E

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Dan M Verified Driver

Region: 61
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan M     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tyler- I would be happy to lend you a suit that fits you better. With your current suit, we are all getting to see far more of you than we ever planned.

Nice video, good times...

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know, loaded question... What would be a respectable "mid-pack" lap time on the outer loop?

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

About a 1.5 seconds or so slower than the car sponsore by Jesus [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Depends on the weather, the fastest time i've seen on the outer loop is a 2:18.7 by Dan M. This last weekend the fastest that we could turn in the race were 2:20's. If the conditions are right and Jesus is on your side I think some people might hit 2:17's, no wind, 80 degrees, and a good drafting partner. Mid pack 2:19-2:20's

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

fastbrewer

Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree. You'll need 2:17's to win but 2:19-2;22's mid pack. And 3:15's if you'd like to be last.

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: