Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southwest » NorCal & SoCal NASA: October 10th & 11th, 2009 @ Buttonwillow - ROLL CALL (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: NorCal & SoCal NASA: October 10th & 11th, 2009 @ Buttonwillow - ROLL CALL
John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SoCal NASA welcomes NorCal for a crossover event at Buttonwillow in three weeks time !!

!!! REGISTER HERE !!!

Who's planing on going?

To ensure our run group we must have 30+ SM/SSM's registered by end-of-day Friday, October 2nd.

So, please don't wait... Signing-up early and get your buddies to as well. This will allow us to make our own choices on how we want our weekend run (like Qual race on Sunday or eliminating the bus-stop). It will also make it easy to offer SUPERSIZE for those wanting to also run in PTE.

Track Layout will be #13 #13 Clockwise

Holla one time [thumbsup]

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll sign up on the 28th.

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Dennis Clark Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 27
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Clark     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi John,

I am signed up, and supersized. I plan on testing Friday.

Dennis

--------------------
3D Racing
Team Scrappy, car # 27

Danimal Verified Driver

Region: Bay Area, California
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danimal     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be coming down for the fun with Dennis Clark, just SM

Dan

Tvance13

Car #: 85
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tyler is in for SM and PTE

--------------------
http://TylerVanceRacing.com

bpigpen

Region: sfr
Car #: 20
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm planning on attending and will supersize- Ihave an email to Ryan F. about the supersize option - I did not see it offered at the reg. website.
bruce p.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by bpigpen:
I have an email to Ryan F. about the supersize option - I did not see it offered at the reg. website.
bruce p.

Supersize down south is usally offered after we have an idea how the run groups are shaking out (normally the Monday before the event)... I get the heads-up and post it or send out emails. However if you want to ping NASA please do, it can only make it come sooner.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

bpigpen

Icon 1 posted  Profile for bpigpen     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've talked to Jerry and sent an email to Ryan . I also called Ryans posted # and got a fax machine. I hope to hear soon.Do you have a better # for Ryan?Thanks for any help.
Bruce

quote:
I've talked to Jerry and sent an email to Ryan. I also called Ryans posted # and got a fax machine. I hope to hear soon. Do you have a better # for Ryan? Thanks for any help.

Email is best... Really, if we get a healthy number of SM/SSM's Supersize will be offered. So get your buds to register early.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Clark     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Email is best... Really, if we get a healthy number of SM/SSM's Supersize will be offered. So get your buds to register early.

So what happens if we have already signed up for SM and PTE? When the supersize option becomes available do I get a refund?

Dennis

--------------------
3D Racing
Team Scrappy, car # 27

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Clark:
quote:

So what happens if we have already signed up for SM and PTE? When the supersize option becomes available do I get a refund?

Dennis

Good question... I'll find out.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

duplicate post
Dennis

--------------------
3D Racing
Team Scrappy, car # 27

ethan666
noob

Car #: 42
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just signed up! See y'all there...

--------------------
ethan

I'll have a registration list for the event in a day-or-two but we have 26 Verbal commitments (4 from NorCal) so far!

If everyone who committed registers by the 2nd we should be looking good.

Thanks everyone [thumbsup]

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

We've got a way to go SoCal drivers... Here is a list of the 13 registered so far:

Dennis Clark (Palo Alto)
David Vodden (Willows)
Brian Bender
Bill Nelson
Clement Lee
Tyler Vance
John Mueller
Ethan Tufts
Austin Christian
Jonathan Christian
Eric Richter
William Christian
Mark Homer

Oh, try to set-up your paddock space over near & around the Tire Shop.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The car survived Willow Springs, I am in.

--------------------

RazerX

Region: CA Northern
Car #: 511
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RazerX     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

80% in from Nor cal.. looking for trailer ride...

--------------------
David

Here are the current 20 drivers who registered:

1. John Mueller (SSM)
2. Marc Simon
3. Dennis Clark (NorCal)
4. David Vodden (NorCal)
5. brian bender
6. Bill Nelson
7. Clement Lee
8. Tyler Vance
9. Ethan Tufts
10. Austin Christian
11. Jonathan Christian
12. Eric Richter
13. William Christian
14. Mark Homer
15. Rob Burgoon
16. Daniel Gehringer (NorCal)
17. Jennifer Coomer
18. Eric Coomer
19. Jeremy Barnes
20. Jeff Jeppesen

Tomorrow (10/2) is the deadline for getting our own group, we need 10 more cars. If not, expect A split start with Honda Challenge (HC) with Qualifying race on Sunday.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

bpigpen

John ,
I emailed Ryan today about the supersize option.I'm sure I'll hear back tommorow. If it's available,I'll run 2 groups and sign up 10/2. If not I'l only run PTE. I hope to run in SM with you all. First time to buttonwillow -can't wait!!
Bruce P.

GW

Icon 1 posted  Profile for GW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi John,
I re registered over the weekend and got confirmation. I would think we will be in the mid 20's. That is a great turnout for BPR anytime much less at the end of the year! If that doesn't warrant our own run group (20 has been the mark in the past) than something is wrong !

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Im out!
I have a volleyball tourney. I have to give equal time to my other hobby's

Have fun and be safe!
Sean

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

quote:
Originally posted by SWDouglass:
Im out!

Sean;
Yeah, I figured... Get that new motor without holes in the block & pistons yet?

quote:
Originally posted by GW:
I would think we will be in the mid 20's. That is a great turnout for BPR anytime much less at the end of the year! If that doesn't warrant our own run group (20 has been the mark in the past) than something is wrong !

Grant;
I think the min was raised due to the crossover w/ NorCal. In theory all the classes (giving NorCal pts) should be bigger too.

quote:
I emailed Ryan today about the supersize option.I'm sure I'll hear back tommorow. If it's available,I'll run 2 groups and sign up 10/2. If not I'l only run PTE. I hope to run in SM with you all. First time to buttonwillow -can't wait!

Bruce;
The way Supersize works in SoCal once we are at schedule creation point and depending on the number of cars in each class then the Supersize is offered. I usually get a heads-up and post it's availability here. So, my suggestion is that you should register RIGHT NOW for primary class you want to run & I'll let you know about Supersize ASAP. Cool?

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

HWJunkie

Car #: 78
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for HWJunkie   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like we got our own group!

--------------------
Marc Simon

bpigpen

I'm in for 2 groups A & B. Look forward to seeing you all.
Bruce

See you in PTE Marc! Just try to remember to turn towards the busstop in the PTE race.

FYI, we are nearly back to back in race group A and B. It's going to be intense.

--------------------

HWJunkie

Icon 1 posted  Profile for HWJunkie   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm not sure i'm going to do the PTE race yet... That's alot of rushing around, gonna have to think on that one...

--------------------
Marc Simon

quote:
Originally posted by HWJunkie:
I'm not sure i'm going to do the PTE race yet... That's alot of rushing around, gonna have to think on that one...

Yeah, I am probably going to give my crew chief a stroke with all the tire changes and refueling.

I'll need to get released from tech early as well to get 4 tires, hydration, restrooms and fuel in <20 minutes.

Still easier than when SCCA changed the schedule on the fly to make it back to back in triple digit buttonwillow heat though. That was NUTS.

--------------------

PT Supersize has been offered for a whole $79... So you can get extra track time for cheap.

EVENT S C H E D U L E has bee posted. Huge thanks to you all for rallying allowing us to get our own run group.

I created a document for our NorCal friends so you are aware of some of the SoCal procedures at Buttonwillow. NorCal Notes
(if this link fails to work IM or email me and I'll send it to you)

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

HWJunkie

I will ahve to talk to my crew chief... oh wait, I am my crew chief, and my crew, so I'm going to have to do a favor for myself and try to bribe myself to do the PTE race. [Wink] LOL

--------------------
Marc Simon

quote:
I will ahve to talk to my crew chief... oh wait, I am my crew chief, and my crew, so I'm going to have to do a favor for myself and try to bribe myself to do the PTE race. [Wink] LOL

Well, you probably won't be toggling between NT-01 and RA-1. Shouldn't be nearly as hard. Also, you can make it easier on yourself if you just run a double sized fuel load for PT.

John, 404 file not found.

--------------------

HWJunkie

schedule link: http://socal.drivenasa.com/SchedBWOct09.pdf

no, definitely not swapping tires if I do it, I only have one good set of tires as it is... And PTE can be 100+ lbs less than SM cars, so a double fuel load is going to make the car 150 lbs over the PTE only cars....

--------------------
Marc Simon

quote:
schedule link: http://socal.drivenasa.com/SchedBWOct09.pdf

no, definitely not swapping tires if I do it, I only have one good set of tires as it is... And PTE can be 100+ lbs less than SM cars, so a double fuel load is going to make the car 150 lbs over the PTE only cars....

I tend to get crushed in PTE regardless, so I am not going to sweat it too much.

--------------------

Jeremy Pike

Car #: 89
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Would be nice to run PTE but no way I can get between the two classes in less than 20 minutes.

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got the call from Louis and the new motor is in and running. The oil pressure looks alot better when there is no holes in the block and oil pan and the oil cap is on. I am selling slightly used pistons and a block that has a couple of holes for "air cooling" cheap.

But really I miss the car and driving. Its tough going from a 5 day racing binge to realizing that the next race for me might not be until February.

I am looking at every website looking for chances to hit the track. Any one want to race shopping carts at the local grocery store?

Hi, I'm sean, and I'm a raceaholic!

Someone help me!

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Pike:
Would be nice to run PTE but no way I can get between the two classes in less than 20 minutes.

Come'on Jeremy, it's only $79 !!! I dare ya [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by SWDouglass:
... But really I miss the car and driving. Its tough going from a 5 day racing binge to realizing that the next race for me might not be until February.

I am looking at every website looking for chances to hit the track. Hi, I'm sean, and I'm a raceaholic!

Sean, there is this race in December that goes for a whole 25hrs in a row (barring thick A$$ fog)... Yeah, do that.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

ethan666
noob

Icon 1 posted  Profile for ethan666   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

+1... the price is great but probably not even enough time to fuel up the car. If the schedule gets adjusted I will definitely supersize.

--------------------
ethan

Tvance13

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tvance13   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree, that is cutting it too close. Any chance they will switch it up?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by ethan666:
quote:

+1... the price is great but probably not even enough time to fuel up the car. If the schedule gets adjusted I will definitely supersize.
I doubt the schedule will get changed but I'll ask. I plan to fuel for both sessions and adjust tire pressures between.

[soapbox] Use the cheap PT sessions just for seat time! The reality is few cars in SM trim can compete with a true PTE car (in our region: RJ Racing, Mike Rose, Don Hartman)... These cars are 100lbs lighter than us and have numerous mods we can't do (or can't swap in-and-out easily at the track).

However, if after PT qualifying you are quick, make sure you walk over to tech/impound to let them know you have back-to-back races. This way they know if you require a post-PTE-race inspection they'll have to do you first. Cool?

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

HWJunkie

If they do change the schedule just don't make the SM group the last group, the last group ends too late in my opinion.

--------------------
Marc Simon

Travel safely everyone... See ya Friday afternoon.

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller

ethan666
noob

Well that was a weekend of firsts for me!

First major on-track contact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFOsKz5O10

First time I've ever witnessed another driver break an arm during a race weekend. (Hope you're feeling better John!)

First time someone's flipped me the bird on the track (at least that's what I think it was... or maybe just a friendly wave!)

And somehow I still had fun!

--------------------
ethan

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

results?

quote:
Originally posted by ethan666:
Well that was a weekend of firsts for me!

First major on-track contact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFOsKz5O10

First time I've ever witnessed another driver break an arm during a race weekend. (Hope you're feeling better John!)

First time someone's flipped me the bird on the track (at least that's what I think it was... or maybe just a friendly wave!)

And somehow I still had fun!

Just watched the video, looks like the Mother's car missed a shift too.

From now on, I am going to take my starts from the dirt. I think it's safer out there. [duck]

--------------------

Jeremy Pike

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to the So-Cal miata drivers and Nasa crew. Everone was friendly and helpful. I was a pleasure driving with all of you, especially Tyler Vance. We had some great passing and side by side racing on Sunday. That race made my weekend. Post some video if you have any!!

quote:
Thanks to the So-Cal miata drivers and Nasa crew. Everone was friendly and helpful. I was a pleasure driving with all of you, especially Tyler Vance. We had some great passing and side by side racing on Sunday. That race made my weekend. Post some video if you have any!!

Thanks Jeremy, it was fun having a fattened up field and racing against some new faces. Would you be interested in having more points races at buttonwillow? You guys only visit two tracks up there now, right?

--------------------

Jeremy Pike

I would do one, but no further than Buttonwillow. 7 hour drive for me from Redding, got home just shy of midnight.

Also we run Thunderhill backwards whick makes another track. I was bummed we had to give up a Thunderhill backwards weekend, but it all turned out good.

quote:

Also we run Thunderhill backwards whick makes another track. I was bummed we had to give up a Thunderhill backwards weekend, but it all turned out good.

Buttonwillow backwards doesn't feel all that different to me, but I love thunderhill in reverse. Turns sucky uphill lefts into hair-raising downhill rights!

--------------------

Tvance13

Jeremy - I will see if I can figure out how to post Tylers video from Sunday (our camera is as old as he is). He couldn't stop talking about the race you two had on Sunday. He had a blast! I was thinking that maybe next year we could get the So Cal group to add a race to the schedule up in Nor Cal (Thunderhill). I will mention something to the new series director Angela Swan. Great to see you guys down south. Good luck at the 25 this year. Let me know if you guys need another driver, I would love to find Tyler a ride for that race.

--------------------

HWJunkie

I had a great time, thanks to Louis, Grant, Bill, Brian and everyone else!

Here is the start of Saturdays race from the back, go to about 3:30 which is just before the start and watch the left side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU5v_iloQDA

--------------------
Marc Simon

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So Angela is our new series director? I didn't know, congrats Angela.

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: