Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » National Auto Sport Association » NASA Southwest » New So Cal racetrack

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: New So Cal racetrack
Brian B

Region: So. Cal
Car #: 64
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian B     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

today i flew out and took a look at the new racetrack. its located about 50 miles past indio (seems like its going to be a long haul out there from san diego, took me about 1 hour to fly there from carlsbad international airport)

They seem to be moving earth right now, but it is being worked on actively. so maybe next season we will have a new track to race!

here is a link to the track website.
http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com/

Hope everyone had a great holiday and off season, see you all at Willow springs in a few weeks.

regards Brian.

--------------------
Brian Bender
SM 64

Eric Richter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: So Cal
Car #: #29
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Richter     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks great, hopefully they don't go down the "Country Club" road too much and let clubs race there. If you think Willow gets hot in the summer, it gets real hot down there. Looks like it will be a nice facility.

--------------------
2009 SoCal SCCA SM Champion
"Only boring people get bored"

Chad L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SFR
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chad L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A relative of mine helped put that facility plan together. The developer is out of Palm Desert. Supposedly they have some great people lined up for management duties. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

seege Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal
Year : Thinking on that.... ok done 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for seege     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They're making progress for sure... and they've scheduled events for April. They have two more tracks in the works and starting in this economy says alot about their commitment. Lack of lodging will be their biggest problem with Club events - though I would think someone will build something...but who knows.

Brian, Google says it's 17 miles farther from Carlsbad to Desert Center, than Carlsbad to Willow Springs, But 22 miles closer than Buttonwillow. Traffic is rarely an issue on 10 past Yucaipa.

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am scheduled to run there in my formula ford in november with HSR west.
the virtual track i saw online looks awesome!!!

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

Brian B

Region: So. Cal
Car #: 64
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian B     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by seege:

Brian, Google says it's 17 miles farther from Carlsbad to Desert Center, than Carlsbad to Willow Springs, But 22 miles closer than Buttonwillow. Traffic is rarely an issue on 10 past Yucaipa.

True... I just wish they were 50 miles west of Indio not 50 miles east!

There is not a good direct route out there, the shortest is to cut thru the mountains... but not pulling a trailer, Maybe i can get grant to get a bigger trailer and take my car out, so i can fly in... what you think grant!

--------------------
Brian Bender
SM 64

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: