» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMTV » Go Pro Audio

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Go Pro Audio
Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone have tips for getting decent audio with the Go Pro Hero? Mine is fine in the grid but once the exhaust kicks in it seems to overload the mic. The crackle and pop of the static actually drowns out the car noise.

I thought about putting tape over the mic holes but if the case doesn't drown it out I'm skeptical about some electrical tape doing anything.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's to bad they don't have an external mic option. Hopefully it's something they will come out with soon.

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did you try setting it to the "low" setting. Mine works fine both in the car (almost too quiet) and mounted on the back of the car for rearview.

I am running a mazdacomp exhaust btw. Might be quieter than what you are running. I put one inside a Panoz school car for a friend and it didn't overload the mic.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I read on the GoPro site that if you are using it inside of a car and want more sound, remove the water seal from the back cover.

They also said to keep the seal in if using it outside of the car. Cuts down on wind noise.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: