Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Competition Tires » R888's or RA-1's for VIR Goblins Go?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: R888's or RA-1's for VIR Goblins Go?
Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

From all accounts it looks like we'll be running RA-1s next season in the SARRC. The Goblin's Go at VIR is the first race of the 2010 SARRC season, so does that mean the spec tire is RA-1?

There are also two CCPS races and an ECR that during the same event weekend, both with Spec Miata classes. Can anyone tell me what the tire requirement will be for those events?

Thanks!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan,
CCPS only! Don't know about the other races.

3.4All 2009 SM and Atlanta region SSM class CCPS races will use either Toyo RA-1s with a manufacturer's date prior to December 3, 2008 or Toyo 888s (205/50R15). Rain tire choice is open.

Get all the CCPS rules here: http://www.carolinacupproseries.com

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Estus.... anyone know about the SARRC or the ECR?

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Until the SCCA BOD votes to change the National tire from the R-888 to the RA-1......I believe the SARRC and ECR will run on R-888. The RE's voted to make the spec tire the National tire so until the National tire officially changes I am planning on running the R-888 at the first SARRC race at Sebring.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: