Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Competition Tires » Used Team Dynamics Wheel Value

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Used Team Dynamics Wheel Value
kneedragger302

Region: Milwaukee
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for kneedragger302     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am looking to see what these wheels are worth in the used market place. I have 2 sets of lightly used Pro Race 2 wheels. When I say used, 1 set has never been run and just had rains mounted, they other have literaly 5 heat cycles. Sold with out tires. One set is Anthracite color and other set is silver. Your input would be appreciated.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Scottie

Region: WDCR
Car #: sm 19
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scottie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I may be interested. Ill send PM soon

--------------------
How do I fit this ls7 into my mia... nevermind.

kneedragger302

Icon 1 posted  Profile for kneedragger302     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW, thats alot of PMs. I am not sure what I am going to ask for them but will let all of you know when I decide to let them go. Any input on value...got alot of offers to buy them but no one mentioned what there worth.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

70-80 bucks in the condition described.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

kneedragger302

Thanks blake. That was what I was looking for, just wanted to get a number on their value.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What offset are these. I am interested in both sets at the price range posted.

kneedragger302

To be honest, I was hoping to possibly trade 8 Team Dynamics for 8 Kosei K1 wheels. Any interest in that????

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't have any Kosei K1s.

I did bend one of my Team Dynamics and was ready to buy a brand new one plus another full set. Let me know. Do you know the offset of your rims?

kneedragger302

I do not know the offset, I believe they are the 30mm but will have to look at the paperwork/ or the wheels. I would not be looking to sell until mid april. I will let you all know what offset they are when I look at them tonight.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just curious...why would you want to switch from TD to Kosei? I have both and run the TD Pro race 2.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Koseis suck compared to TD's, I've owned both.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Why? Do the K1s bend alot easier? Two of mine were bend around the hub area enough that I replaced them this winter.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

old65 Verified Driver

Region: Chicago
Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi:
You have my PM with my offer, if you are interested I'll be at the Tech Day at Wheelers on the 3rd, the Council school weekend on the 17/18th and the SCCA school weeend on the 24/25th, both at Blackhawk.
But if you are interested let me know before hand so that I have the money with me.
Ray

kneedragger302

I will let you guys know. I have some thinking to do as I have heard the Kosei's are on the weak side.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

old65 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for old65     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nic:
I've had both sets of wheels, Pro2's & Kosei's, and, if you are just starting out and money is tight, here is what I found out.
1- They are both good. The have reasonable weight and offset and will neither one make you faster or slower than the other.
2- They both are strong enough for racing and only bend/break if you contact someone or something. How hard the hit is will determine how the wheel holds up, but then that applies to the whole car.
3- I like the Anthracite wheels because they are the same color as brake dust but since there are no style points in SM racing how a car looks is purely a personal thing.
If you decide to keep the wheels, probably your most cost efficient thing, put your rain tires on the silver wheels, yes you will need rains this year and you don't generate much brake dust in the rain, and your dry tires on the anthracite wheels.
I hope that this helps with your decision. If I can help you can PM me.
Ray

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by old65:
there are no style points in SM racing

Ooooh - I beg to differ! [Wink]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Apex to Apex

Region: NASA Mid-West
Car #: 077
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good Win Racing has TD's on sale. I got a set of TD 1.3 for $99 a wheel. We're still waiting on the Kuhmo XS's however. Most were cleared out in the fall and they haven't ramped up production yet for NA.

--------------------
"Driving is a serious business" - John Milner, 'American Graffiti'

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

what is the difference between TD 1.2 and TD 1.3?

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

.1 [duck]

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Apex to Apex

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:

Brian of Good Win says it is which factory they are cast. The 1.2, 1.3 only signifies which factory they are cast in.

--------------------

old65 Verified Driver

Nic:
It hasn't been to well publishized but there is an Annual Tech day at Advanced Autosports in Beloit on Saturday April 3rd.
Both the Council and SCCA Tech people will be there so that you can get a one stop annual on your car.
If you are first going to the schools the tech would be for the schools, the school tech is as much for the driver as the car, but it will be for your car for the first, and all 2010, races.
Plus it will give you a chance to find any tech problems with your car before the first outing.
Ray

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Apex to Apex:
quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:

Brian of Good Win says it is which factory they are cast. The 1.2, 1.3 only signifies which factory they are cast in.
did he say where the 1.3 are cast?

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Apex to Apex

Willie, No. But you could probably dig around on the internet and get an answer. Or you could email Team Dynamics directly.

--------------------

Ray Meister Made Donation to Website

Region: SFR
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Meister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe that the 1.2s are made in England, the 1.3s in China. May be of import for those of us wishing to maximize style points. [Smile]

Ray

Apex to Apex

Hmm, very good information Ray. Thanks. I may change my order. The 1.2's are slightly more expensive, but may be worth it.

Where did you get that information?

--------------------

Ray Meister Made Donation to Website

Region: SFR
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Meister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought that I had seen in on the Saferacer site, but don't see it there now. The info is available on the 5X Racing site, search for TD 1.2s.

GraemeD

Icon 1 posted  Profile for GraemeD     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a set of 1.3s and they are marked "England" and was told that they are now made in England

--------------------
Graeme
Golden, CO

Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

People wanted a less expensive wheel and China's labor rate is less. For TD to compete with the other economical wheels (that are probably made in China)they contracted a company to make them.
The 25mm 1.2 were made in China for a short time but the manufacturer had financial trouble and TD pulled their molds. They are now made in England again.
I have Pro Race 2 and Pro Race 1.2 in stock and more on the way.
Joe
TreadZone

Apex to Apex

Just got an email from the Marketing guy at TD. He says right now "95%" of their Pro Race range is made in West Midlands, UK. Soon to be 100%.

From that I take that right now some wheels are made in China, but they are moving production to the UK. I figure just a better pride of workmanship with the 'Brits. Sure they cost a bit more, but in this endeavor, it's worth it.

If this matters to you then this is a question to ask when buying TD wheels. At least in the short term.

After all this, I changed my order from the 1.3's to the 1.2's.

Oh, and I guess we did hijack this thread. I hope the guy who started this thread got his wheels sold.

--------------------

kneedragger302

I didn't sell the wheels and it was not my intention to do so yet. I was just looking to get a Fair Market Value on the wheels if I did make the decision to sell and go a different direction. From what ive concluded is that if I did indeed put them for sale...it wouldnt take too long.
Thanks for your help...And I look forward to meeting many of you this race season.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Apex to Apex

Yep folks around here are quick. Things go quick. Just like the cake left out at work.

--------------------

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Apex to Apex:
...they are moving production to the UK. I figure just a better pride of workmanship with the 'Brits. ..

Hopefully, that pride in workmanship has improved since the days when the Triumph TR7 was built there. [Smile]

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Your safe wheels don't have oil in them that needs to be sealed and there's no electrical components.
Joe

kneedragger302

I am glad I am safe with my TD pro race 2 wheels. I see 949 came out with a re-prod of there wheel, but coming in at only 11ish lbs.... whats up with that... if they came it at 13lbs, I'll be purchasing 3 sets.

--------------------
Nic Piekarski
Sheboygan Falls WI
Newbie to SCCA/MC and SM

Rob Burgoon Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Burgoon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Look for new wheels from 949racing this summer. Very inexpensive and probably a 13lb 15x7.

--------------------
It really makes my week when nobody crashes into me.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: