Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Competition Tires » Complete package vendor in NE

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Complete package vendor in NE
Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys,
Looking for a vendor that can do a complete wheel/tire package here in the NE.

Specifically looking for a shave (4/32) & a heat cycle (if possible).

Oh, and which wheel should I be looking for as well? The TD Pro 1.3's I don't really care for the look (I know - vanity, right? [Wink] ) and I've heard negatives from a couple of guys regarding their durability.

That leaves the D-sports, the 5Zeigen FNOC (the "Mazdaspeed" wheel) or the TR Motorsports (but with the wrong offset).

Opinions/thoughts? I don't have the long studs (yet - but will for these new wheels) so I suppose going with the incorrect offset & spacers would be acceptable.

TIA!
Brandon

Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Brandon,
I have the TD Pro Race 2, 5 spoke in stock as well. I have a lot of them out on the tracks with very limited failure. Keep in mind a wheel takes a lot of abuse and can only take so much. I have a tire and wheel package that you can bolt on. Your not very far from me so shipping wouldn't be to bad. I'm going to be at Millville this weekend and Monticello NY next weekend if you would like to pick them up.
Joe
TreadZone.

Dan Lipperini Jr

Region: NEPA #25
Year : 1995 Spec Miata & 1990 S2000 powered Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Lipperini Jr   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brandon,

I would highly recommend Joe and the guys at TreadZone, not only are they very easy to deal with, but they fully support the races here in the NeDiv. Since you are so close and they have always have SM wheels/tires in stock, they can have stuff to you next day.

Just my experience,

Dan

--------------------
Dan Lipperini Jr
http://www.Racelabz.com

S2000 powered Miata trackday toy
New 1.8 Spec Miata(for sale)

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+1 for Joe and TreadZone.

Mitch

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

amolaver Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA MA
Car #: 50
Year : '96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for amolaver   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I call BS. Joe doesn't support the NE...He supports the whole SM community! Call him or you'll make puppies cry!

--------------------
ahm - http://www.awesom-oracing.com
2009 NASA MA SM Champion

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+2 for Joe.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Wreckerboy Verified Driver

Region: WDC
Car #: SSM 53 "Lola"
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Wreckerboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't know Joe, but he comes well recommended. As an alternative, also consider Phil and Kim at Phils Tire Service. I've been dealing with him for years and he has always gone above and beyond the cause where required. Good folks

--------------------
Rob Myles
Hero To The Momentum Impaired

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I like the Pro Race 2s best myself.

They are easy to use for alignments because of the flat spoke and lip. Some of the others don't have this.

They are more durable than Kazerras (my only other wheels) and require a minimum amount of weight to balance (a sign of quality).

Andy Bettencourt Verified Driver
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Region: NER
Car #: 09 ITA
Year : 90, 91, 94 Rentals
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Bettencourt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Wreckerboy:
Don't know Joe, but he comes well recommended. As an alternative, also consider Phil and Kim at Phils Tire Service. I've been dealing with him for years and he has always gone above and beyond the cause where required. Good folks

+1 for Phil. Both are good choices.

--------------------
Andy Bettencourt
Flatout Motorsports
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brandon F.:

Specifically looking for a shave (4/32) & a heat cycle (if possible).

I'd be happy to heat cycle them for ya !!! [Big Grin] [yep] [duck]

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+1 for Joe

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff - thanks for the offer but I said "heat cycled" not "flat spotted".

[Razz]

Oh wait - your name's not "Tony"...
[duck]

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My reputation proceeds me. [boggled] [laughing]

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

DOH!

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Both Joe and Phil are great guys. I've bought product from both, and had both of them do work for me at the track. You'll find Joe at the main SCCA events in the area, and Phil at the main NASA events in the area. I've bought tires from both and always received great items with a smile and a story (and in the case of Joe, a free cup of coffee while I waited).

The other guy you need to get friendly with if you race this year is Bob Smarty. He doesn't carry Toyo's anymore (he used to), but he is at pretty much every SCCA regional event in the area. When you need to swap a tire because you flat spotted one (I'm in the club), or corded one (yep, in that club too) chances are he'll be the guy at the track. Don't be afraid of the dogs, or the loud music, he's a helpful guy and pretty funny. He's also one of the few guys I've found that can do a shave at the track if you need it.

Here's a hint, he likes PBR in the tall cans.

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Check the classifieds, heat cycling coming soon, very soon.

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: